Uptake harnesses the power of underutilized data to empower businesses to make informed decisions. We partner with industry leaders to build a predictive analytics software that grows smarter in one industry because of what we learn in another. The result is a powerful platform that identifies problems before they happen, ultimately saving money, time and lives.
Our team drives this success by connecting customers and partners to the value of the Internet of Things, business-centric architectures, and key technology transitions.
As a Director of Engineering, you’d deliver amazing user experiences and predictive functionality to our platform. You’d directly manage multiple technical teams, process service improvements, and manage resources. You’d execute with an emphasis on new-build web applications and platform enhancement.
- Manage development teams: perform HR-related, performance management, and interpersonal communication duties
- Coach team members for organizational development while supporting personal career development goals. Define success in terms of quality and level of contributions
- Function as a leader for major initiatives and delegate as needed. This may involve resource allocation, design and code reviews.
- Continue to challenge status quo in terms of development process and best engineering practices. Promote healthy debates around new tools and processes and champion changes that have a positive impact.
- Collaborate with product management team and senior technical staff to meet deliverables timeframe
- Coordinate development projects with other teams and managers
- Work alongside project architects to ensure best practices and strategic goals are incorporated into development work
- Foster fun, friendly, challenging, and collaborative team environment for retention and recruiting
- Provide regular progress, roadblock, and opportunity reports to senior management
- BS in computer science or related field (preferred)
- 7+ years of management experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead Agile Scrum teams
- Familiarity with test-driven development and best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Startup experience (preferred)
- Highly self-motivated with strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn and improve on existing approaches
- Strong understanding of concepts and technologies behind big data and predictive analytics, predictive maintenance and the Industrial Internet of Things (preferred)
- Understanding of structure and usage of REST API’s and their integration with ETL process (preferred)
- Experience with analytical tools, databases (SQL and NoSQL), and Big Data tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of web development frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or Python, Django, and web frontend frameworks such as AngularJS or React. Have working knowledge of services that are used on our platform. Curiosity to continue to explore new technologies in the market that may strengthen our platform.
- Cover letter
- Examples of projects you’ve managed