What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do:
As Director of Information Technology, you will be a key member of the leadership team and you will create and execute strategies for enabling customers and employees to be increasingly more productive and successful by providing them with the tools and technologies they need to create, collaborate and communicate around the clock and around the world.
- Lead the Network Services Team to design, build and maintain our global network.
- Establish and own the Global IT Vision for Uptake.
- Negotiate with Vendors for Hardware, Software and Services to realize the global IT vision.
- Manage licenses across all technologies ensuring compliance and proactive upgrade strategies.
- Manage Employee technologies, to procure, deploy and support PCs and Macs, phone system, multi-media systems, office technologies (printers, conferencing systems, scheduling systems), email, chat, desktop software,
- Proactively monitor corporate systems and lead resolution of outages and impairments. Plan capacity, architecture and scale to provide durable and performant corporate systems
- Manage global cloud negotiations and oversee spend across all cloud accounts.
- Partner with corporate functional teams to assess needs and implement technical services and solutions that meet their needs.
- Partner with security team to protect information and prevent service disruption.
- Own Physical servers and CoLo agreements.
- Own Internet access, client access, and employee VPN solutions.
- Experience managing global Infrastructure team supporting both physical and cloud infrastructure.
- Experience managing systems in a high availability environment.
- Experience managing infrastructure to IS27001 standards and managing corporate systems to a SOX-like access control and availability model.
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure technologies and specifically experience creating models for managing spend and vendor relations
- Experience building and leading a global infrastructure team along with associated ITIL processes.
- Creative, client centric (both internal and external) service oriented leader. Tireless in finding ways to improve productivity, collaborative with other functional roles and an amazing communicator.
- Excited by rapid change, aggressive schedules and continuous improvement.
- Resume & Cover Letter