Strike Social develops artificial intelligence to drive the best outcomes in social media advertising. Through media-buying software and service, Strike powers 15,000+ campaigns each day for the world’s leading agencies and brands, including Honda, Xbox and Mattel. In 2016, Strike earned a Moxie Award as Chicago's Best B2B Startup.
Job Opening: Front End Engineer
What we do
Strike Social uses artificial intelligence to provide 24/7 optimization and drive the best outcomes in social media advertising. Through media-buying software and service, Strike powers 15,000+ campaigns globally each day for the world’s leading agencies and brands, including Disney, Honda, Xbox, Mattel and Wendy’s. With global operations, Strike is headquartered in Chicago and was named the city's Best B2B Startup in the 2016 Moxie Awards.
How do we do it
We are a growing team of independent thinkers who bring their diverse talents and backgrounds to help build a programmatic media-buying platform. We work in an agile environment, and frequently pair program to improve collaboration and software quality. We are polyglots and you’ll see us use languages and frameworks like Typescript, Angular2, Webpack, Python, Flask, and Pandas. Our infrastructure relies on Docker Swarm, Terraform, Consul, Nginx, Redis, Postgres, Redshift, Auth0 and Firebase.
You are a passionate engineer who loves solving the world’s problems with technology. You’ve got solid coding chops, and have demonstrated an ability to identify and learn new tools, languages and technologies. You welcome criticism and use it as a way to improve your own skills and methods. You are a mentor and understand the value in helping and developing others. You are pragmatic and know how to strike a balance between building long-term value in software, and meeting business goals in a timely fashion.
- You know the value of frameworks like Ember, React, Backbone, Angular, and can articulate the differences or similarities between them.
- You have a good understanding of ES6, and can decide when to (or not to) use frameworks and libraries (knowledge of Typescript is a plus).
- You understand the browser DOM, responsive CSS, and box model.
- You know what module bundlers like Webpack and Browserify do
- You have an appreciation for good design, and the desire to translate visual ideas into working code.
- You value test-driven development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.