Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do:
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you’d play a key role in the organization and implementation of Uptake’s infrastructure design and support at our headquarters, data centers and Cloud server environments.
- Implement and manage solutions infrastructure at Data Center and Uptake Headquarters.
- Organize and maintain Cloud server environment.
- Have ideas and vision for directions the team can pursue and implement.
- Improve the environment iteratively, constantly looking for ways to make Uptake better.
- BS in computer science (preferred).
- 5+ years of experience in an IT position.
- Has led data center builds and the build out of their connections.
- 3-5+ years of technical experience implementing one or more infrastructure components: server. infrastructure, virtualization technologies, storage and backup solutions and/or network hardware.
- Experience in converged infrastructure (preferred).
- Scripting language skill of some type e.g Perl,Bash,Python.
- Experience in AWS and Azure.
- A history of pursuing supportable, simplest answer solutions overs Macgyver fixes.
- Understanding of networks, IT security, Unix and Windows operating systems, enterprise storage and/or monitoring and capacity trending.
- Understands interplay of various technology components: storage & systems, systems & application and systems & databases.
- Cover letter