Outcome Health (formerly ContextMedia) delivers better health outcomes and impacts the human condition positively through technology. Founded in 2006 by Rishi Shah and Shradha Agarwal, the company has doubled each year in its scale of technology implementation at outpatient health care facilities, business partnerships with global life sciences and medical device companies, product innovation and team growth. Decision platforms such as digital anatomy boards, interactive educational tablets and mobile connectivity in consultation rooms deliver measurable outcomes through actionable intelligence on conditions, treatments and lifestyle changes to improve the quality of life.
WE ARE OUTCOME ACTIVATORS
We are a health-tech company on a mission to activate the best health outcome possible for every person in the world. We solve hard problems - healthcare is a fragmented industry and we’re transforming it by creating an ecosystem through our technology platform that brings together all the players to collectively improve patient outcomes. Our team is entrepreneurial and thrives in ambiguity with a strong commitment to scrappy excellence to drive patient impact. We empower every Outcome Activator to own their decisions and outcomes in service to the mission, while also contributing to a collaborative environment that’s communally competitive.
With hubs in Chicago and NYC, we've been growing 100% YoY and will impact half a billion patient visits in 2017, as physicians, life science companies and patients adopt our technology platform to make better health decisions during the most critical moments of care. With 200,000 physicians already utilizing our portfolio of 5 products at their practices, we continue to bring a fresh outlook to our pursuits with humble invincibility, whether you’re a new addition or have been hustling with us since the beginning.
WHO ARE YOU
The Finance & Accounting Team works to develop financial operations and infrastructure to stay ahead of the 200%+ growth of our company. We look for individuals who are highly collaborative, analytical and excited to take on new challenges every day. You are highly driven, hungry to learn and will thrive in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
The Payroll Manager is a critical member of Outcome Health’s Payroll team. You will be responsible for executing efficient and accurate payroll and tax related activities including payroll processing, tax processing, and agency notice resolution. The ideal candidate will serve as a consultant to colleagues and employees on payroll related inquiries while ensuring compliance with regulations as applicable to payroll, and timely processing of all financial obligations of the payroll department
Responsibilities to include:
- Manage full-cycle activities in the Payroll department processes including semi-monthly payrolls, bonus and commission payments, garnishments, annual W-2s, RIAs, etc.;
- Play an integral role with special projects such as mergers and acquisitions, testing software updates, and more;
- Maintain effective working relationship with payroll service providers and perform periodic contract reviews to ensure services and pricing are in line;
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Manage Payroll Analyst Team and work cross functionally with Finance Partners, HR, HRIS, Compensation and IT departments;
- Ensure accurate local, state and Federal tax withholdings for employees, set up or close local or state tax accounts as needed;
- Review payroll tax notices received by the company and take action as necessary; Work with payroll service provider to ensure all quarterly and annual tax forms are filed as required;
- Administer policies and procedures to ensure efficient and accurate transactions; maintain departmental key controls and process narratives for the payroll cycle;
- Respond to internal and external audit requests and identify areas of risk and take action to mitigate risk;
- Respond to periodic reporting requests on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis;
- Continuously seek efficiencies and automation in the processing of payroll and day-to-day functioning of payroll operations;
- Reconcile monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll taxes and related tax filing reports including 941s, W2s, etc.;
- In conjunction with Payroll Tax Service Provider ensure accuracy and timeliness of federal, multi-state and multi-jurisdiction withholding tax payments, deposits and tax returns;
- Verify service provider’s tax deposits are in balance with payroll reports;
- Process payroll tax adjustments to correct/update employee and employer taxes for accurate reporting on employees’ W2s, prepare W2Cs and related amendments;
- Document and update procedures, and prepare special reports for management;
- Execute the monthly and quarterly close process related to payroll tax filings in collaboration with service provider and functional leads;
- Complete analyses that support management reports, KPI’s and audit schedules.
- Bachelor's degree in a relative field (e.g., accounting, finance, math/engineering/science, etc.)
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred a plus and Experience with Paycom is required.
- 6-10+ years of payroll and payroll tax experience, preferably in a large company with multi-state taxation and unionized employment;
- Knowledge of federal, state and local tax and labor laws and reporting requirements;
- Must have strong knowledge of tax reporting in all states and locals including New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, California, etc.
- Experience with benefits regulations and rules;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Comfortable working with enterprise systems and data management;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products, including Excel, and Power Point.