What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You’ll Do:
A Product Manager is the linchpin of product innovation and business growth who strives to lead a matrixed team to deliver product excellence. The Product Manager’s ability to internalize and articulate the needs of customers, married with business savvy and technical competency, are leveraged to build trust, discipline, and passion across the organization. The Product Manager thrives as both an individual contributor and in collaborative settings by defining product vision, evaluating opportunities, and discovering and producing products that deliver customer and business value.
In this role you will:
- Become a company-wide expert in the customers of your product.
- Own, lead, and evangelize the continual evolution of your product’s vision and roadmap.
- Lead individual opportunity discovery processes, including market opportunities, user/customer research and prototyping to identify, evaluate and define products and features that are valuable, usable, and feasible.
- Define and maintain product KPIs, and use them to measure/report progress and to align product development to business strategy.
- Grow and refine product backlog by prioritizing against short- and long-term value delivery.
- Collaborate with development, user experience, strategy, and other team members throughout product definition and project delivery.
- Make and own the hard decisions and trade-offs that emerge during product delivery when things don’t go exactly as planned.
- Influence the decisions of highly matrixed development teams through vision, persuasion, and the authority of expert customer intimacy.
- Align product release planning in harmony with business strategy and other product roadmaps
- Participate in and help lead the continued evolution of the product management organization and related processes.
- Must have a strong ability to view the product that will exist in 1-2 years and socialize that vision
- Must show ability to be a leader to all parties involved in the product-lifecycle
- Must manage priorities against the varying needs of customers and partners
- Must have critical thinking skills to quickly make and measure decisions during planning and execution
- Must be able to coherently discuss and differentiate opportunity, image, value and revenue
- Must have the confidence to leverage intuition to translate the unknown opportunity into an actionable plan
- Minimum of 2 years of product management or similar experience at a technology/IT company