Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Check us out: GitHub | Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | The Muse | Glassdoor
The Salesforce Team at Braintree is looking for a seasoned engineer to join the team. The ideal candidate understands the full scope of Salesforce products and capabilities to make architectural decisions, like when to code and when to leverage the platform.
You will be designing, coding, and configuring out-of-box solutions. This position sits within the product organization and interacts with Braintree engineers, operations end-users, and the larger PayPal Force.com team including Braintree sales operations.
The Salesforce Engineer will be joining a small, fun, fast-paced team that has a great relationship with end-users. We’re making impactful changes to Braintree process and are looking for an awesome new person to help us grow!
Type of work you'll be doing:
- Building a scalable Salesforce structure to better allow our team to access the data they need and capture richness of our client interactions
- Connecting all our data: build workflow management tools that integrate with our internal systems to help us make better decisions
- Be the go-to person for designing declarative vs. custom Salesforce capabilities
- 3+ years work experience developing Salesforce.com specific applications
- Great knowledge of industry Salesforce development best practices.
- Has engineering and object oriented programming fundamentals
- Strong understanding of Salesforce features and out-of-box functionality. Know when we should code and when we shouldn’t.
- Experience building software using Apex or object oriented languages: Java, .NET, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce APIs and custom integrations using REST
- Positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit who is always trying to make things better.
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.