What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do:
As a Security Architecture Analyst, you’ll be responsible for assisting in the development of Uptake’s technical security standards, performing solution research, and managing proof of concept testing. In addition, the Security Analyst will work with the Security Architect in documenting implementation and maintenance guides for the Technical Operations team.
- Develop security design standards and patterns that support risk and compliance objectives
- Review proposed IT solutions and identify any risks
- Create network and data flow documentation
- Act as technical security liaison between multiple groups to provide security design and architecture guidance
- Draft technical artifacts and create a process and procedure
- Research, design and support implementation of security toolsets
- Provide mentoring and training, and act as a leader within the Security team
- Participate in hands-on security implementation projects
- Collaborate with security/system administrators on implementation of solutions
- University or college degree
- 2 to 3 years as a technical security practitioner or security architect
- Knowledge of cloud and virtualization technologies and platforms
- Experience in a software development continuous integration and continuous deployment environment
- Networking and Unix/Linux skills
- Experience with logical access/identity management and secure remote access
- Familiarity with database and operating system security
- Some experience with hands on administration of network devices, systems and/or security devices
- Understanding of Firewalls, Encryption and PKI, Intrusion Detection Systems, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Web Application Firewalls, Advanced Malware Defense Appliances, DDOS Prevention, Application Whitelisting and Network Packet Capture Solutions.
- Familiarity with regulated environments and related standard (e.g., ISO 27001/2, NIST, FEDRAMP, HIPAA, PCI/DSS and Sarbanes Oxley)
- Strong interpersonal skills and an expert team player with demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships
- Ability to effectively execute and drive cross-functional teams in a fast paced startup environment
- CISSP, SANS or other security certification
- Active member of the information security community
- Be bad-ass in what you do.