What we do:
Uptake's business is global, disruptive, differentiated and approaches the market in a new way. We help customers identify hidden value and create growth through business and technology innovation, while also enabling cost efficiencies that generate industry-leading business performance. Our team drives this success by connecting customers and partners to the value of the Internet of Things, business-centric architectures, and key technology transitions.
What you do:
Oversee and maintain all accounting functions and financial preparation and reporting for Canadian subsidiary. The role will be based out of the corporate headquarters in Chicago, but will require limited travel to Toronto. The Senior Accountant will have high visibility and work closely with Controller and CFO, as well as, the senior leadership of Uptake Canada.
- BS in Accounting/Finance
- 5-10 years experience
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Own the entry, maintenance, and reporting for accounting processes:
- Assist in month-end close process
- Prepare financial statements
- Track inter-company transactions
- Maintain sub-ledger detail
- Record journal entries
- Remit all relevant taxes
- AP/Credit card & check processing
- Invoicing & cash application
- Maintain customer/vendor records
- Travel reimbursement
- Manage banking relationship
- Point of contact for all internal and external accounting questions for Uptake Canada
- Assist in the creation of consolidated financial reporting
- Implement corporate accounting practices and processes and continually evaluate and recommend enhancements
- Inform the FP&A function of changes impacting forecast.
- Support other value-add projects for the corporate accounting & finance team.
Preferred but not required:
- Understanding of Canadian law/accounting principles
- Experience researching, documenting, and applying accounting guidance
- Experience using t, QuickBooks
- Experience with MS Excel