Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local takeout restaurants. The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from approximately 40,000 takeout restaurants in more than 1,000 U.S. cities and London. Every order is supported by the company’s 24/7 customer service teams. Grubhub has offices in Chicago, New York and London.
Grubhub is looking for an innately curious, business-minded, results-oriented Senior Data Scientist.In this highly visible role, you will use data to solve problems no one else has been able to and also drive optimal decision-making for the Executive team and senior leaders across the organization.Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Build models which help us grow smarter and faster
- Sample projects include predicting restaurant quality for the sales team, optimizing local market growth, mixed-media/marketing attribution and building recommender systems
- Be curious! Find nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies using data from across the whole company
- Develop improvements based on your insights and work cross-functionally to test and implement them
- 5+ years of experience in a deeply analytic role - can provide multiple concrete examples of using data science to drive incremental value for a company
- Studied a technical, quantitative, or analytical field throughout school
- Experience with advanced regression analysis, probabilistic modeling and machine learning / predictive analytics including the ability to use tools like R, Python, Matlab, Mathematica, etc
- Experience in transactional and data warehouse environments using Amazon Redshift or other database systems and the ability to query data sources directly (SQL and Python)
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to business users
Got These? Even Better
- Experience with Map-reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented languages like java, c++, c# or scala
- Experience with structural equation modeling, NLP (natural language processing), artificial neural networks, SVM (support vector machine), hierarchical modeling, cluster analysis
- Understanding of marketing analytics, A/B testing, operations research
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.