Rise Interactive is a digital marketing agency, specializing in media, analytics, and customer experience. The agency is a strategic partner, helping marketing leaders make smarter investment decisions, grounded in data insights. Rise manages enterprise-level analytics and campaigns across all channels of digital marketing.
Rise Interactive (http://www.riseinteractive.com), a rapidly growing full service interactive advertising agency, is looking to hire a Senior Front End Software Engineer into the Customer Experience team. We are seeking a detail-oriented, highly motivated individual contributor that is excited about joining the growing Customer Experience department and contributing professionally to an entrepreneurial company with an expanding Fortune 500 client base.
Summary and Scope:
A Senior Front End Software Engineer should have enough experience to understand a wide variety of approaches to systems/application design. Given a mission like "figure out how to create an SEO friendly ReactJS application" or "determine the correct approach for HTML-based SVG animations thats scale well", the engineer should be able to put the entire project together and come up with end-to-end solutions.
- Assist in the implementation of custom technology solutions that solve the business needs of our clients
- Collaborate heavily with fellow developers, designers and analysts to solve problems and aid in the implementation of the solution
- Consume and possibly help develop RESTful APIs to consolidate and normalize data across systems
- Integrate front-end UI with backend and/or third party data layers
- Aid in the setup of NodeJS servers or other hosting infrastructure as needed
- Set and follow coding standards
- Debug cross-browser compatibility issues
- Help mentor other team members on relevant technologies
- Aid in the estimation of client projects and determining scope of client engagements
- Aid in development and optimization of development processes to bring efficiencies to the team
- Occasionally interface with clients either on the phone or in person
- Bring fresh, creative ideas on how to continuously improve our team and service offerings
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or IT related field
- Smart, high aptitude to learn new things and sense of urgency to get things done
- Pro-active self-starter that is able to accomplish goals with little to no “hand-holding”
- 4+ years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications
- Significant real-world experience developing real products or custom responsive websites at large scale
- Strong programming skills in HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap
- Experience using a modern developer workflow utilizing package managers, workflow/task runners, CSS pre/post-processors, scaffolding tools, etc
- Experience using REST calls to consume data from APIs
- Experience setting up NodeJS servers and production environments
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming paradigms
- Experience with server-side web technologies such as ASP.NET MVC, C#/.NET, PHP, etc. a plus
- Some experience with Content Management System systems from both a development and administration perspective (Sitecore, AEM, Kentico, WordPress, etc.) a plus
- Experience with source control (Git, SVN, TFS) and bug tracking software
- Experience on a team that produced production code
- Exceptional communication and collaboration within and across multiple teams.
- Test-driven development and Agile experience highly desired