Rise Interactive is a digital marketing agency, specializing in media, analytics, and customer experience. The agency is a strategic partner, helping marketing leaders make smarter investment decisions, grounded in data insights. Rise manages enterprise-level analytics and campaigns across all channels of digital marketing.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Rise Interactive (http://www.riseinteractive.com), a rapidly growing full service interactive advertising agency, is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer into the Customer Experience team. We are seeking a detail-oriented, highly motivated individual contributor that is excited about joining the growing Customer Experience department and contributing professionally to an entrepreneurial company with an expanding Fortune 500 client base.
Summary and Scope:
A Senior Software Engineer should have enough experience to understand a wide variety of approaches to systems/application design. Given a mission like "figure out how to move our application from AWS to Azure" or "create a new CMS-enabled web application that integrates with X systems", should be able to put the entire systems together and come up with end-to-end solutions.
- Assist in the implementation of custom technology solutions that solve the business needs of our clients
- Collaborate heavily with fellow developers, designers and analysts to solve problems and aid in the implementation of the solution
- Develop back-end, server-side code using languages such as C#/.Net, Java, and/or PHP
- Integrate front-end UI with backend and/or third party data layers
- Develop RESTful APIs to consolidate and normalize data across systems
- Assist in integrations with various client and third-party systems, including CMS, CRM, and ERP systems
- Set and follow coding standards
- Debug cross-browser compatibility issues
- Help mentor other team members on relevant technologies
- Aid in the estimation of client projects and determining scope of client engagements
- Aid in development and optimization of development processes to bring efficiencies to the team
- Occasionally interface with clients either on the phone or in person
- Bring fresh, creative ideas on how to continuously improve our team and service offerings
- Smart, high aptitude to learn new things and sense of urgency to get things done
- Pro-active self-starter that is able to accomplish goals with little to no “hand-holding”
- Significant real-world experience developing real products or custom responsive websites at large scale
- 4+ years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications
- Experience writing object-oriented code
- Experience working with database technologies (MSSQL, MySQL, Document Databases)
- Some experience with several Content Management System systems from both a development and administration perspective (Sitecore, AEM, Kentico, WordPress, etc.)
- Experience with source control (Git, SVN, TFS) and bug tracking software
- Team player – demonstrated experience on a team that shipped a product
- Practical-minded – chooses stability/reliability/maintainability over shiny new objects
- Passionate about technology – ideally you build things outside of work for fun
- Exceptional communication and collaboration within and across multiple teams.
- Test-driven development and Agile experience highly desired
Rise is a fast growing company with an expanding list of Fortune 500 clients. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, a casual work opportunity, and a tremendous opportunity for growth. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, are excited about finding smarter ways to do things and have a strong desire to be a part of winning team, we want to meet you.