What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do:
As a Site Ops Engineer, you’d be tasked with monitoring critical network elements and engaging in proactive network systems monitoring and provide 24/7 operational monitoring and support to Uptake's network, systems, and assets. You are responsible for technical support and issue resolution that come into the SOC from customer and/or monitoring software. You'd use a wide variety of Ops tools and monitoring platforms to gain knowledge and understanding; to enable persistent monitoring of system availability, performance, and capacity.
- Support and perform maintenance across product and data environments/systems
- Proactively monitor events, investigate issues, analyze solutions, and drive problems through to resolution
- Maintain the Uptake's network environment; utilize all provided utilities, tools, and applications; ensure a high level of service availability
- Respond to network/system alarms; take appropriate action to classify, prioritize, and resolve network and system issues
- Provide critical service outage notification and escalate issues for timely resolution; notify escalation teams as appropriate
- Excellent understanding of Linux, Bash and Shell scripting
- Knowledge of and experience with network stack, protocols, network management and monitoring tools
- Knowledge of AWS technologies - EC2, S3
- Knowledge of the Apache Cloud Stack
- Experience with a distributed log tool such as Kafka
- Experience with automation tools: Puppet, Chef, Docker, Jenkins and/or Ansible
- Knowledge in Big Data (NoSQL) & standard enterprise databases - including data modeling, testing and deployment support. Proficiency in Cassandra, HBase, or PostgreSQL is strongly preferred.
- Experience with JVM and Java stack: Tomcat, Jetty
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Previous experience in a Network Operations Center, Site Operations Center, or Security Operations Center is preferred.
- 2nd shift: 4pm-1am
- 3rd shift: 12am-9am
- Cover letter