Cloud5 Communications connects hotel guests and staff using fast, reliable, user-friendly data and voice communications. The unique combination of hospitality expertise and a holistic technology platform is what sets us apart. And our obsession to deliver excellence at every step in the client relationship is what fuels our growth, allowing us to serve more than 4,000 hotels and touch over 1,000,000 users each day. As the pioneer of HSIA for travel and hospitality, we’re leading innovation in the areas of cloud-based PBX/VOIP as well as WAN/LAN management with the goal of delivering guests a “just like home” connectivity experience that boosts guest satisfaction and loyalty for our clients.
What You’ll Do:
- Work in a team environment to manage, optimize and customize multiple web applications
- Serve as technical adviser for the management team by providing programming perspective and effective solutions for specific client needs
- Extend existing or develop new code using proven best-practice patterns and coding standards
- Design software solutions with PHP to meet business requirements
- Write clean, high-functioning, and well-documented code that aligns with business goals
- A dedicated team-player – you are excited about sharing your knowledge and expertise with other developers on your team
- An able communicator - you can present service concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- A process-oriented techie - you’ll manage multiple projects and competing priorities while taking a project from conception to completion
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or equal experience
- Strong background (2+ years preferred) in LAMP stacks, as well as web development and website maintenance experience
- Extensive experience/knowledge of object-oriented PHP 5.x development
- MySQL experience and ability to write moderately complex queries, work with stored procedures, views, triggers, etc.
- Experience with LAMP, asterisk, SIP, AWS, angular.js, elastisearch, SQL, VMware, WLAN, or RADIUS
- Competitive base salary with bonus potential
- Convenient West Loop location, close to the CTA, Metra, Divvy, and major freeways
- Opportunities for advancement and professional development
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage; voluntary Life and Disability coverage
- 401k plan with company match
- PTO that accrues with tenure + 8 paid holidays each year
- Divvy Bike discount and CTA/RTA transit benefit programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.