Guaranteed Rate is changing the way people buy homes. In 2015, we introduced the Digital Mortgage SM solution, enabling people to get approved for a loan online in less than 30 minutes. With our low rates and dedication to customer success, we quickly became the eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the country.
The Financial technology space "Fintech" is booming and Guaranteed Rate is at the center of it. We are growing like crazy, and are one of the most successful Chicago startups. We are focused on automating the mortgage process for consumers. Imagine getting a mortgage with no email, no faxing, no stack of papers in 10 days or less instead of 40 or more! If you have been through the process of buying a home you know how amazing this will be. We are the #8 lender in the country and one of only 2 that is independent (not a bank) so we are in a good spot to win this race. We have already made tremendous strides and we are looking for someone who wants to help us finish the job and disrupt the entire industry.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We are technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a River North office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc..
- Game room, library and white board paint for collaboration – yeah, it’s awesome.
- Access to our free GR nurse practitioner. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all? Did we mention the free part?
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee.
- Oh and did we mention you get a big fat employee discount on the origination fees to get a new mortgage or refinance thru Guaranteed Rate?
So what do we want from you?
The Software Engineer in Test is responsible for improving the quality of a variety of software applications by creating and executing manual and automated tests, with a focus on web-based applications. The individual in this role will interact with developers, business analysts and end users to translate requirements into system tests; create and execute manual and automated tests; maintain system test strategies; and conduct technical discussions with internal development partners to understand their designs and intended output. This individual will be actively involved in all phases of the software development life cycle and must communicate proactively and effectively with team members and management on issues.
A few other things too
- Will be responsible for the design and development of the automated testing framework used for multiple applications.
- Perform hands-on manual and automated functional, regression, integration, smoke, performance, load, and customer acceptance testing
- Actively participate in product planning and other requirements gathering
- Analyze and report the impact of new features, requirements, and bug fixes to the test plan and project schedule
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and training on technical QA topics and new technologies relevant to the product domain
What you'll bring to the table:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information System or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in automated testing of web applications
- Minimum 5 years experience with Selenium and either Ruby, Java or Python
- Experience developing a test plan/test strategy to meet functional requirements and user acceptance criteria
- Experience with software design focused on the testability, robustness and performance of applications.
- Experience in software quality assurance tools and processes
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with design and integration of software running on multiple platforms (linux and windows)
- Experience with CI and CD tools. (Jenkins, Team City)
- Experience with testing mobile applications a plus
- Experience managing QA and Staging environments a plus
- Experience with AWS a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English.
- Highly motivated and passionate about quality
- Experience with Agile Software Development
About Guaranteed Rate…
Guaranteed Rate is the eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the United States. Headquartered in Chicago, the company has approximately 195 offices across the U.S. and is licensed in all 50 states. Since its founding in 2000, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with home purchase loans and refinances and funded nearly $23 billion in loans in 2016 alone. The company has become the Home Purchase Experts® by introducing the world's first Digital Mortgage technology and offering low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Guaranteed Rate won an American Business Award for its Digital Mortgage technology in 2016, ranked No. 1 in Scotsman Guide's Top Mortgage Lenders 2015, was chosen Top Lender 2016 by Chicago Agent magazine and made the Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces list five of the past six years. Visit rate.com for more information.