What We Do:
Uptake harnesses the power of underutilized data to empower businesses to make informed decisions. We partner with industry leaders to build predictive analytics software that grows smarter in one industry because of what we learn in another. The result is a powerful platform that identifies problems before they happen, ultimately saving money, time and lives.
What You Do:
As a Strategy Associate, you will support the Renewable Energy business unit across the commercialization process, from partnership pursuits to developing go-to-market strategies for Uptake’s Wind software-as-a-service (SaaS) products. This is an opportunity to collaborate with senior Uptake executives to shape the strategy and execution of a fast-growing business unit as we build to global scale.
Uptake Energy envisions a global energy system where everyone can access dynamic, resilient, and sustainable power. We’re building on Uptake’s platform and talent to solve the challenges of today’s energy marketplace and enabling the transition to the power system of tomorrow.
- Perform research on industry and competitive trends, including market sizing, M&A and partnership opportunity analysis
- Analyze prospective customers and potential partner companies’ strategic objectives to identify, recommend, and pursue new business opportunities that meet Renewable Energy growth objectives
- Support the Renewable Energy leadership team on business development, including research, analysis, and creation of pitch, marketing, and commercialization materials
- Act as primary day-to-day strategist for ongoing business planning including financial model and forecasts, growth opportunities, competitive positioning, customer segmentation, pricing analysis
The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial strategist comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a rapidly expanding technology organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- 2-4 years of strategy consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy experience
- Experience in energy industry strongly preferred, wind power experience a plus
- Experience creating and delivering compelling presentations and pitch decks for executive audiences
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical ability, including financial modeling experience
- Knowledge of tech industry and understanding of SaaS business models a plus
- Driven self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision and learn new concepts and domains quickly
- A collaborative mindset, and a record of building successful relationships with colleagues and customers
- Strong project management skills, including a proven ability to think through all aspects of the process, manage long-term projects and multitask
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor, and the passion to help create the energy system of the future