Say Yello to Yello! Yello is reinventing recruiting by replacing outdated practices with innovative solutions. Organizations from Fortune 500 companies to high-growth start-ups use our technologies to modernize talent acquisition processes. Our culture emphasizes collaboration and supports rapid professional growth. At Yello, employees have the opportunity to solve challenging problems and provide an immediate impact.
We’re proud to be a 2016 Built in Chicago Moxie Award winner for Best B2B Company and an Illinois Technology Association CityLIGHTS Award winner for Outstanding Technology Development. We continue to grow quickly, and we’re looking to hire people who believe nothing is impossible, love to learn and be curious, can be accountable for success, always enjoy the journey and will own their personality. If this is you, come grow your career with Yello.
The Technical Writer is equal parts technical writer, content creation/management, and expert collaboration. This person produces top-quality content and documentation that will contributes to the success and knowledge of staff and clients. The Technical Writer will partner regularly with engineering, product and client success group/sales in producing internal and external facing product content that effectively balances providing the right information with the right level of aesthetic value. This role is critical in helping make sure our products are easy to implement, use and understand for both internal and external stakeholders.
In addition to authoring documents such as Integration Guides, How-To Guides, Operating Instructions, Best Practices Functional documentation, etc. you will also assist Product Management in improving product processes and experiences, managing and communicating the Product Roadmap, release notes, and serving our partner teams throughout the organization.After a product is released, technical writers also may work with product liability specialists and customer service managers to improve the end-user experience through product design changes.
***In lieu of a cover letter please attach technical writing sample.How You'll Make An Impact:
You'll generate and express ideas to other Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers, leadership and other stakeholders throughout the organization. Product Management is a very collaborative process at Yello, and this role will involve a lot of cross-functional interaction, and is definitely not a "behind the scenes" role!
The work on the Product Team has significant influence and visibility with executive leadership and the culture is extremely fast-paced and collaborative and focused on both fun and success.
- 3+ years of strategic and tactical documentation experience
- Experience writing product documentation, end-user manuals, release notes, community and support materials, and the alike
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, high attention to detail and writing standards
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and focus on quality
- Willingness to help create, maintain, and adhere to style guides and standard processes
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Produce top-quality content that meets or exceeds the expectations of internal and external stakeholders
- Work with product and engineering teams to gain and maintain a deep understanding of the product, platforms and processes
- Work with sales and the client success group to understand the needs, questions, and documentation asks of clients and other internal stakeholders
- Have or gain a good understanding of client-facing teams’ needs for documentation/content as well as complex technical and functional information coming from product and engineering
- Strategize to efficiently maintain and update documentation as products evolve
- Review and prioritize existing and future content
- Create articles, release notes, products guides, training videos, and own the client-facing Yello Community
- Create tutorials (How-Tos, Best Practices, Integration Guides, etc.) to help end-users with our suite of products/modules
- Create blog posts and other product marketing to help improve product adoption
- Create messaging to Yello employees and clients, regarding all product updates
- Assist in maintaining and communicating a meaningful, easy to understand Product Roadmap
- Help to maintain and communicate short, mid and long term Product Management plans
- Assist in ensuring Products effectively meet the needs of our clients
At Yello, we work together to improve the hiring experience and power recruitment programs. Every Yello team member is empowered to grow each day and achieve new career accomplishments, and we always make time to celebrate team members’ successes. Our Loop office is steps away from public transportation, overlooks Lake Michigan and our open concept office offers plenty of space to collaborate with colleagues, or to work independently. We offer health, dental and vision insurance, a competitive 401k match, a reimbursement for fitness memberships and support for ongoing learning. Above all, we look forward to coming to work each day to solve interesting problems and make the impossible, possible.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States, full-time, for any employer.