Guaranteed Rate is changing the way people buy homes. In 2015, we introduced the Digital Mortgage SM solution, enabling people to get approved for a loan online in less than 30 minutes. With our low rates and dedication to customer success, we quickly became the eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the country.
The Financial technology space "Fintech" is booming and Guaranteed Rate is at the center of it. We are growing like crazy, and are one of the most successful Chicago startups. We are focused on automating the mortgage process for consumers. Imagine getting a mortgage with no email, no faxing, no stack of papers in 10 days or less instead of 40 or more! If you have been through the process of buying a home you know how amazing this will be. We are the #8 lender in the country and one of only 2 that is independent (not a bank) so we are in a good spot to win this race. We have already made tremendous strides and we are looking for someone who wants to help us finish the job and disrupt the entire industry.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We are technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a River North office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc..
- Game room, library and white board paint for collaboration – yeah, it’s awesome.
- Access to our free GR nurse practitioner. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all? Did we mention the free part?
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee.
- Oh and did we mention you get a big fat employee discount on the origination fees to get a new mortgage or refinance thru Guaranteed Rate?
So what do we want from you?
- Design products and features that meet business, brand, and user goals that test assumptions through quantitative and qualitative measures
- Work collaboratively with product, engineering, and other UX team members to identify minimal viable products and product enhancements
- Sketch, wireframe, mockup, and create HTML prototypes to communicate designs
- Create visual designs based on the wireframes
- Build and maintain personas/archetypes and associated work flows when applicable
- At least a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Participate in usability user research, card sorting, design workshops, usability tests and stakeholder presentations
- Evangelize UX principles throughout the organization
- Extensive knowledge of User Experience best practices, principles
- Familiarity of Lean UX/Startup principles
- Keen analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with web standards, responsive design, and "mobile first" mentality
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated ability to work on collaborative teams or independently
- Coach other team members on relevant technical skills; is sought out as an expert in coding concepts and languages
- Identify and document technical trends and incorporate innovative uses of technology
- Interact with clients, vendors, and partners to design solutions, and respond to client issues
- Create detailed specifications and documentation for proposed and current technical solutions
Education & Business Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Design, Interface Design, Interaction Design or related field
- At least 3-4 years experience designing web sites and/or applications, including concepts, completed projects, and style guides that reflect usability
About Guaranteed Rate…
Guaranteed Rate is the eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the United States. Headquartered in Chicago, the company has approximately 195 offices across the U.S. and is licensed in all 50 states. Since its founding in 2000, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with home purchase loans and refinances and funded nearly $23 billion in loans in 2016 alone. The company has become the Home Purchase Experts® by introducing the world's first Digital Mortgage technology and offering low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Guaranteed Rate won an American Business Award for its Digital Mortgage technology in 2016, ranked No. 1 in Scotsman Guide's Top Mortgage Lenders 2015, was chosen Top Lender 2016 by Chicago Agent magazine and made the Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces list five of the past six years. Visit rate.com for more information.