What is your methodology for ranking companies?
Best Places to Work rates companies algorithmically based on compensation and employer benefits identified in our database. Compensation is weighted 50% and benefits are weighted 50%.
For compensation, we look at the median percentile for all salaries entered for your company and compare that to the rest of the companies in our database.
For benefits, we look at the benefits most important to our core audience and assign points to each benefit and perk. We look at the following categories and weight them accordingly:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Planning & Stability
- Flexible Work Environment
- Diversity & Culture
- Professional & Social Impact
- Perks & Discounts
For example, our system awards more points for “401(K) Matching” than a perk like “Beer on Tap”.
How do I get my company in the Best Places to Work list?
To be eligible for our Best Places to Work list:
- Complete the “Perks of Working Here” section on your company page.
- Update the local and total employee numbers on your company page.
- Add an image to the gallery section of your company page.
- Submit at least 5 salaries for your company here.
Once complete, and assuming your offerings are competitive, your company will rank within 24 hours. Keep in mind that our Best Places to Work list is based on empirical data so there is no guarantee you will rank. Instructions for claiming and updating your company profile can be found here.
What is a small company? What is a mid-size company?
We consider companies to be mid-size if they have 101 - 500 employees in total. Small companies are those with fewer than 100 employees in total.