As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
What We Do:
SAP Fieldglass provides a cloud-based Vendor Management System (VMS) to manage contingent workforce and services procurement programs. More than 600 customers leverage Fieldglass to gain visibility into their external workforces, including contingent labor, services managed through Statements of Work and independent contractors while optimizing spend, quality, compliance and efficiency.
What Sets Us Apart:
Fieldglass was “born cloud”. As one of the forerunners of today’s highly successful cloud delivery model, Fieldglass has been a Software-as-a-Service application since its start. At a time when many buyers were using behind-the-firewall ERP applications to manage their non-employee workforce, this VMS industry first is now the industry standard.
Some of our attributes include:
- We are the VMS market leader in global spend and in Q1 2017 retained our position as a Leader in this market by Forrester Research.
- Not only an industry leader but a thought leader - Fieldglass keeps customers up to date with VMS industry knowledge on our ‘From the Field’ blog, FUSE User Exchange and social media accounts.
- We work with the world’s leading companies, including AIG, Verizon, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, CVS/Caremark, United Airlines, Panasonic, Rio Tinto, Monsanto, and many, many more.
- We are now part of SAP, the global leader in enterprise application software company, helping companies of all sizes and industries run simple.
Fieldglass encourages an open door policy and a very collaborative culture. Those with an entrepreneurial and can-do attitude keep Fieldglass at the top of its industry. Traditional perks include casual dress, generous paid time off, charitable activities, stocked kitchens, great healthcare coverage and more!
Position: A.I. Engineer
As an A.I. Engineer you will be leading the way with artificial intelligence, distributed computing, containerization, micro-services and lambda based platform development, integration and delivery. One day you may be writing Kubernetes Operators; another - designing and injecting chaos into our DevOps pipeline or composing a machine learning algorithm to scale our public cloud and on-premise systems. The Engineer will always look for ways to build intelligent, automated systems from the get go. This role requires a strong balance of software, computer engineering and mathematics skills as we evolve our existing virtualization and cloud-based platforms, take on Cloud Native Apps, and build the next generation of our delivery platforms across the world.
This role can be remote, or located onsite in Naperville or Chicago.
- Solve computer engineering problems of scale & global availability through designing, developing, refactoring and automating intelligent systems.
- Design and develop Kubernetes Operators, machine learning algorithms and auto scaling solutions.
- Perform impact analyses of new features or changes to existing features for distributed computing platforms built on Kubernetes in public cloud and on-premise data centers.
- Analyze and translate functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications.
- Develop, test and implement program logic.
We’re Looking For:
- Strong background in mathematics including algorithms, discrete mathematics, probability, statistics, calculus, logic, etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of artificial intelligence, machine learning, microservices, distributed computing, containerization and container orchestration tools and systems used with Kubernetes, Apache Mesos, etc.
- Understanding of computer engineering, virtualization, low-level hardware design, etc.
- 1+ years with one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Java, Golang, Erlang, Python or similar. The ideal A.I. Engineer will be language agnostic.
- 1+ years of development, testing, and deployment experience in a software development or research environment.
- Knowledge of and interest in the following is preferred: Object-Oriented, Micro-service, Lambda patterns, Chaos Engineering, DevOps, Cloud Native Applications, hyper-scale, bots and neural nets
- Must be a self-starter, independent, creative and highly collaborative.
- Presentation and communication skills a plus.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.