Back End Engineer
About Procured Health
At Procured Health, we have the ambitious goal to change the way our healthcare system delivers medical care through access to the relevant clinical evidence needed to make better decisions. If every health system in the country uses our industry-leading technology and tools, we can improve the quality and efficiency of patient care and fundamentally change the way health systems operate.
Today, hundreds of health systems around the U.S. use our tools and we want to add second-to-none talent like you to help achieve our goal.
We're a growth-stage startup focused on building a world-class company, and are backed by leading healthcare investors.
Why join Procured Health?
- Make a direct impact on our healthcare system, working with hospitals that are leading real change in the industry.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, with no shortage of responsibility.
- Work with a laser-focused team that seeks the frontier, is obsessed about impact, comes here to do their best work, welcomes respectful debate, and succeeds as one team.
What you will be doing:
As a Back End Engineer, you will directly impact our healthcare system by writing and architecting software that enables hospitals to lead real change in the industry. Our Engineering team is expanding and we are looking for back end engineers with strong development experience in SQL, the Django ORM, query and performance optimization.
You will work in open source Python libraries, but don’t worry if you lack Python experience. If you have Ruby on Rails, Perl, PHP or experience with another open source language, we will teach you Python. You’ll also integrate data from our machine learning software with various database backends like PostgreSQL and Redshift and develop an interactive UI that drives user adoption and engagement. The products you develop will be used by leading health systems across the country to drive better decision making and patient outcomes.
The successful candidate is a software engineer who is ready to play the crucial role of building the applications that are essential to the success of our business. You like constructive code review and writing useful tests. You bring data to topics of debate. You work with other engineers, designers, and product managers in an Agile environment to help everyone bring their best. You focus on the value delivered to the user and help the team iterate toward a better solution.
- Software Design: Collaborate with other Engineers, UX Designers and Product Managers to design a software solution that delivers optimal value to the user.
- Quality: Plan to do it right the first time. We write unit tests, we code review, we schedule time to optimize and refactor.
- Security: Protect the client’s data and code cautiously to ensure correct access permissions and avoid common vectors like SQL injection and cross-site scripting.
- 3+ years experience in a software development role
- Exceptional experience with SQL, data modeling, and performance optimization
- Experience with OOP; Python/Django preferred
- You are a patient, personable and open-minded individual with a high level of maturity and excellent discretion
- A demonstrated track record for accomplishing goals and meeting deadlines
- You hold yourself and others to a high standard
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, strong prioritization skills