Cloud Network Architect
What We Do:
Fieldglass, an SAP company, provides a cloud-based Vendor Management System (VMS) to manage contingent workforce and services procurement programs. More than 300 customers leverage Fieldglass to gain visibility into their external workforces, including contingent labor, services managed through Statements of Work and independent contractors while optimizing spend, quality, compliance and efficiency.
What Sets Us Apart:
Fieldglass was “born cloud”. As one of the forerunners of today’s highly successful cloud delivery model, Fieldglass has been a Software-as-a-Service application since its start. At a time when many buyers were using behind-the-firewall ERP applications to manage their non-employee workforce, this VMS industry first is now the industry standard.
Some of our attributes include:
- We are the VMS market leader in global spend and in Q1 2017 retained our position as a Leader in this market by Forrester Research.
- Not only an industry leader but a thought leader - Fieldglass keeps customers up to date with VMS industry knowledge on our ‘From the Field’ blog, FUSE User Exchange and social media accounts.
- We work with the world’s leading companies, including AIG, Verizon, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, CVS/Caremark, United Airlines, Panasonic, Rio Tinto, Monsanto, and many, many more.
- We are now part of SAP, a market leading enterprise application software company, helping companies of all sizes and industries run simple.
Fieldglass encourages an open door policy and a collaborative office environment. Team members across all departments can easily meet together in any of our open office layouts. Those with an entrepreneurial and can-do attitude keep Fieldglass at the top of its industry. Traditional perks include casual dress, generous paid time off, charitable activities, stocked kitchens, great healthcare coverage and more!
Cloud Network Architect
As the Cloud Network Architect you will be at the forefront of architecting, designing and securing the next generation of SAP Fieldglass networks across public cloud and on-premise IaaS and PaaS services around the world. By partnering and collaborating with colleagues across technology teams you will play a key role in leading efforts around networking best practices, enrolling colleagues in your designs and building high-performance, secure and distributed global networks at scale to support our customers.
- Architect the cloud networking strategy for microservices and traditional 3-tier service architectures.
- Lead research & design / PoC efforts for latest public cloud & on-premise networking architectures.
- Formulate and deliver training, guiding principles, patterns and best practices based on industry experience, trends and self-discovery.
- Collaborate with multiple technology teams to deliver highly-available, performant and secure networks across multiple regions.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer or Information Science, Engineering, MIS, or related course of study.
- 5+ years designing & implementing enterprise datacenter layer 2 and layer 3 networks including:
- 3+ network protocols (e.g. BGP, IPSEC, OSPF, VXLAN, TLS/SSL, etc.)
- 2+ network virtualization (e.g. NSX, SDN)
- 2+ GSLB, AWS Elastic, Azure, classic load balancing (e.g. F5, Citrix, etc.), SSL offloading, and application gateways
- 1+ scripting (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, CLI, SSH, etc.)
- 1+ tuning networks with Linux / Windows / OSX platforms
- Experience in Public cloud networking architectures & patterns from hybrid networks to PaaS services and connectivity such as Azure ExpressRoute, AWS DirectConnect, VPNs and VPCs.
- Experience with Container networking interfaces (Weave, Calico, Contiv, Docker) and orchestration systems (Kubernetes, DCOS/Mesos/Marathon)
- Operating systems experience including Linux (e.g. CoreOS, Alpine, Debian, SLES) and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2+
- Comfortable adapting to dynamic technologies, a self-starter, and a passion for technology and cloud
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Architecture, Network, Cloud, SAP, ERP, Technology, Engineering