Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Experience Design Team
Made up of design leads, experience designers, content designers, design researchers, UI engineers, and visual designers, our Experience Designer Team works collaboratively across departments to capture the emotions and needs of our end users – which are reflected in all the ways they experience Arity and our products. Using a lean and agile approach, our XD team works across areas focused on driving data visualization, driving behavior analysis, urban planning, and shared mobility. They meet each project with deep empathy in order to craft useful and usable interface design solutions. Together, we design experiences that have real impact on the personal transportation industry and its future. Are you ready for the challenge?
Arity is looking for a Content Strategist with Technical Writing experience to steward top-quality content and technical documentation in and around our products. The right candidate will be able to dive into our user journeys and ensure the right content is delivered to different audiences when they need it. You'll know your way around product content fundamentals, like audits, error codes, and microcopy. Plus, you'll be familiar with APIs and SDKs and be up for the challenge of applying your content strategy knowhow to our developer experience.
As a Content Designer at Arity, you'll bring an important content and technical perspective to our designs. During your workday you might:
- Create content guidelines and templates for our products and platforms
- Teach teams to think about content throughout user and customer journeys
- Audit content for consistency, accuracy, and updates
- Provide feedback on product content, such as microcopy and onboarding
- Create clear error codes that get users back on track with ease
- Help define our taxonomy and ontology, especially between our different user and customer groups
- Advocate for customers, users, and developers throughout our experiences
- Write product content and lead content reviews with designers and legal
As a Technical Writer at Arity, you will help guide the creation of technical documentation. We will trust you to:
- Work alongside engineers to create a documentation framework, defining guidelines and standards that meet the high expectations of our customers
- Coach development teams in the creation of their product documentation, so you can focus on quality and delivery as we scale
- Help as needed in the timely production of easily discovered and consumed documentation – sometimes writing or editing to help get it right
- Support products through release and update maintenance
- Bring human-centered design and thoughtful content strategy to guide and inform the user experience within our developer portal
You'll get to work with every part of our organization, which includes:
- Ensure language consistency throughout our products and organization
- Create guidelines, templates, and processes that improve our product content
- Attend design crits to review content for product and user testing
- Participate in the development of our design system, including pattern library
- Work with researchers to identify opportunities to test and improve our content
Engineering and product
- Collaborate with engineers to understand our products and create high-quality documentation to support them
- Work with product owners and scrum masters in backlog grooming to ensure content and documentation is included in sprints
Customer success and data governance
- Identify opportunities to enhance user comprehension and increase self-service through content
- Help refine our product update process and create customer support content
- Partner with data stewards to review metadata descriptions and adapt them into contextually appropriate product descriptions
Marketing and sales
- Help product marketing teams craft messaging related to product capabilities
- Be our go-to SME and writer for technical content in whitepapers and blog posts
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize, and facilitate cross-team coordination of efforts
- Proficiency in proofreading and editing English-language documents
- Able to identify opportunities to bring added value to our processes and solutions
- Some technical writing background with the ability to comprehend and communicate technical concepts and user workflows
Technologies & platforms
We design telematics products that use GPS and geolocation services. Knowledge around telematics or these technologies will help you in this role. Our products are embedded into other apps, are native for iOS and Android, or are web responsive dashboards. We use cloud computing technologies like APIgee, Kafka, and AWS. Familiarity with APIs and SDKs, Postman, Swaggar, RESTful API design, and JSON are nice to have, but none of these are deal breakers.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.