Assistant Manager of Tailoring
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
The Assistant Manager of Tailoring oversees all aspects of Clubhouse Tailoring and the Clubhouse Tailoring Studio. You’ll be in charge of supervising and training all Master Tailors, Master Fitters, Tailors, and Apprentices. You’ll also be the point-person in assisting/supporting stylists in custom garment and ready-to-wear fittings. Our Tailoring team manages the distributions of ready-to-wear garments with partnering Nordstrom tailors and work closely with the Operations Team to provide the best client experience.
What you’ll do
- Supports region of Tailor Shops; ensuring individuals are continuously supported & defining areas of opportunity
- Monitor workloads and properly plans to demand
- Assist in hiring needs & interviewing/training
- Create schedules per location based off business needs/demand & individuals availability
- Define Rush logistics & requirements
- Coordinate with Clubhouse Ops, if needed, on clarity pieces and/or opportunities in the end-to-end process
- Maintain supply management across locations
- Utilize reporting functions to make data driven decisions and assist with requirements needed for report built-out
Who you are
- A fitting and tailoring guru. You possess a strong understanding of men’s and women's fitting and marking on all types of garments (including pressing, alteration machines and equipment) at a Master Level.
- A customer service expert. You possess the ability to work well with customers and co-workers in a professional manner.
- A supportive partner. You’re comfortable assisting with pinning and marketing garments in order to ensure accuracy for our stylists.
- Independent and organized. You’re diligent and handle tasks with ease.
- Computer savvy. You have a basic understanding of using inventory management software and a working ability to check in/out garments and perform customer searches.
How we work
- With others. You will be partnering closely with our Custom, Operations and Sales Teams to ensure a positive client experience.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee shop!