Associate Category Manager at KeHE Distributors
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Associate Category Manager is an important role on the Category Management team. The individual in this position will support the Category Management team in achieving their goals and objectives while maintaining KeHE’s reputation as a best-in-class distributor. A successful candidate will have strong analytical skills and will work with several data platforms, in addition to working directly with suppliers. Reporting needs will include information regarding sales, unit movement, margin, credits, points of distribution, etc. by supplier, brand and SKU, to assist in the decision-making process. This role will also be heavily engaged with the supplier community – excellent communication skills are a must. As with all positions at KeHE, we expect that all actions will be consistent with KeHE’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Running ad-hoc analyses to identify and recommend innovative options to drive business strategy for the Category Managers and Category Directors.
- Identify product trends to support category strategies and supplier negotiations, including but not limited to:
- KeHE internal metrics, including Supplier performance
- Product attribute, category, and retail channel trends
- Consumer behavior shifts
- Shopper purchase patterns
- Communicate supplier and brand profitability information to our Category Management and Account Management teams ensuring assortment decisions maximize enterprise potential.
- Present analysis, both qualitative and quantitative, to Category Management leadership and key stakeholders regarding category performance.
- Organize and lead meetings with both internal stakeholders and external Supplier partners.
- Communicate directly with Supplier community and maintain Supplier communication and training materials.
- Work collaboratively with various departments within KeHE to obtain needed information and provide needed output.
- Participate in development and enhancement of standard initiatives to optimize consumer awareness, market share, overall efficiencies and support specified work function initiatives.
- Participate in development of new programs and enhancing current programs to meet performance objectives.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study.
- Administrative or sales management within the food industry with 1+ years of Category Management experience a plus.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced business environment.
- Capacity to learn and process quickly.
- Possess a sense of urgency and attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to effectively manage a wide variety of tasks simultaneously and often with minimal direction or time conflicting pressures.
- Familiarity with IRI, SPINS, Mintel preferred (panel and demographic data a plus).
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel domestically, occasionally over weekends (about 10-15%).