Associate Category Merchant Manager
We are seeking a retail savvy Associate Category Merchant Manager for our Groupon Goods Marketplace channel. Groupon Goods Marketplace is the online retail arm of Groupon. It features really good deals on great products. To get airspace on Groupon Goods, a product has to be cool enough to share and innovative enough to inspire. It also must be made of reliably bonded molecules and stardust.
The Associate Category Merchant Manager will take ownership of specific categories and will be responsible for the P&L management to drive the top and bottom line performance. The successful Associate CMM must be able to work independently, thrive in a fast paced environment and be comfortable with ambiguity. The successful candidate will be able to manage multiple small and large-scale projects within his/her vertical while successfully building relationships with new/existing merchants.
- Identify, source, and develop relationships with high quality merchants to onboard them onto Groupon Goods Marketplace
- Monitor sales reports and conduct financial analysis in order to identify business opportunities and close gaps in order to meet and exceed key performance indicators
- Ad Hoc analysis for revenue management at both top line and bottom line
- Identify key promotional trends for Marketing opportunities
- Manage day-to-day seller operation on our platforms, provide guidance to sellers and coordinate internal support from marketplace functional teams
- Actively manage portfolio of products through reporting and basic analysis to ensure relevant, well-priced, high quality offerings are consistently available
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3+ years of experience in online retailing, retail category management or merchandising.
- Experience in Healthcare, Consumer Electronics/Entertainment or Sports and Outdoors Categories
- Strong relationship management
- Strong analytical and data-mining aptitude, coupled with strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Proven ability of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to create innovative new programs that generate results
- Versed in 3rd Party platform
- Ability to think strategically with attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Strong communication skills in all areas: verbal and written
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to deal with ambiguous problems
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.