Associate Proofreader/Editor at closerlook, inc.
closerlook’s Associate Proofreader/Editor electronically reviews interactive, video, web media and print materials to maintain quality and effectiveness. In addition to proofreading for common spelling, typographical and grammar errors, the Associate Proofreader/Editor checks for consistency of structure and style throughout a piece, adhering to a style guide as necessary. Additionally, this position will perform editorial reviews of content for voice, consistency and fulfillment of project goals. The Associate Proofreader/Editor works with Copywriters, Designers and Project Managers to implement necessary changes and confirms that changes have been made, according to the closerlook proofreading process.
- Electronically proofreads digital content for common spelling, typographical and grammar errors, checking for consistency of structure and style throughout.
- Copyedits digital content for audience, consistency, accuracy, client feedback and project goals.
- Demonstrates meticulous attention to detail as a Proofreader and Copyeditor.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Quickly develops an understanding of a piece’s purpose and context and proofreads it accordingly.
- Applies client style guides to individual pieces with care and precision.
- Participates fully in following closerlook’s proofreading process and assists in evolving that process as necessary.
- Communicates actively with the project team to keep deliverables on track and on schedule.
- Contributes to the enforcement and evolution of writing-competency best practices at closerlook.
- 75% of this role will be devoted to proofreading, with 25% devoted to copyediting.
- Is a graduate of a college or a university with a degree in English, journalism, communications or a related field.
- Has demonstrable mastery of English-language style and mechanics.
- Has at least two years of experience as a Proofreader and/or Copyeditor in a professional setting at a publishing company or agency.
- Has experience in electronic proofreading of digital content.
- Experience in digital pharmaceutical or healthcare marketing is preferred.
- A working knowledge of the American Medical Association Manual of Style and the Chicago Manual of Style is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in numerous brand styles.
- Ability to take ownership for work and demonstrate follow-through.
- Ability to move comfortably between varied deliverables.
- Flexibility; ability to adapt to changing timelines.
- Is a self-starter who can quickly get up to speed on project details through research and collaboration.
- Can easily manage a large volume of content while maintaining quality work.
- An understanding of medical terminology is a plus.
ABOUT CLOSERLOOK, INC.
closerlook is a new type of marketing agency that helps biopharma brands make a difference in the lives of patients and those who care for them.
We focus on what matters most—the combination of better patient outcomes and bigger business impact.
Learn more at closerlook.com
EQUALITY FOR ALL: AT THE HEART OF WHAT MATTERS
- At closerlook, equality for all is a core value that’s at the heart of what matters. We believe in building a diverse and inclusive culture across race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, mental health, and physical ability. We celebrate our differences and champion diverse thinking to drive innovation — in a safe environment so everyone can be their authentic selves. By valuing and promoting our different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences as strengths, we are positioned to best serve patients, healthcare professionals, and the communities around us.