We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 US law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among the customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond. We don’t believe in ‘ideal’ candidates, so if you see a job that sparks your interest, go for it. Wherever you’re from, however you identify, and whatever experience you have, you can belong at Relativity.
As an Associate Technical Writer, you will write accurate, engaging, user-friendly documentation that adheres to Relativity’s style guidelines. The Associate Technical Writer works under the steady direction of managers and senior team members.
- Collaborate with Development, QA, Product Management, and subject matter experts in other groups to plan, research, write, and revise printed and online documentation
- Assist or learn how to assist other writers to document Relativity’s e-discovery products
- Write for a variety of audiences, from non-technical end users to programmers, system administrators, and integrators
- Contribute to Documentation team projects meant to increase internal efficiency and/or improve the infrastructure underlying team deliverables
- Assist team in establishing, practicing, and innovating policies and procedures, conform to existing styles, policies, and procedures
- Perform basic peer edits and production review work
- Integrate use cases and functional data into user documentation and examples
Skills You Might Accrue on the Job
- API writing
- Usability testing
- Web design
- Project management
- Build server troubleshooting
- Search engine optimization
- Google Analytics and other metrics
- Writing, production, and technical editing skills
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of MadCap Flare desired
- Attention to detail with a creative eye
- Ability to efficiently and thoroughly address feedback on published content from both customers and internal support representatives
- Willingness to gain exposure to tech comm programs
- Willingness to learn skills and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities
- Willingness to learn how to juggle multiple concurrent projects of various sizes and topics
- Willingness to learn new areas of software documentation
- BA/BS combined with one to three years of experience in a field conducive for entry into technical writing OR the same amount of experience specifically in writing documentation for web-based software
- Portfolio of work and/or writing samples
- Pass certification for Relativity Administration within 6 weeks of start date
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.