At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Do you like owning a process from start to finish? Are you looking to build on your existing relationship and negotiation skills and be part of a growing team? We have a great opportunity to be part of building out a procurement function for a high growth organization.
The Category Manager - Travel, Events, Swag owns the procurement process from initial identification of needs through delivery for the IT category. You will execute procurement business plans, partner with, and support, the needs of functional business owners by providing inputs to the creation of policies and processes to drive procurement, while maintaining our culture and supporting our growth.
What will you be doing?
- Take complete ownership of the whole procurement process from sourcing to off-boarding, including market assessments, consolidating spend across the organization, issuing RFPs (request for proposal), evaluating and comparing proposals, negotiating contracts (pricing and terms), and supplier management
- Manage the event space at our headquarters in Schaumburg from signup over intake to execution by coordinating the activities of the operational facilities team, setting up group travel and accommodation rates, and negotiating contracts for swag
- Use current spend information/data and business knowledge to identify potential partners and develop an overall cost reduction plan
- Drive practices to reduce procurement cycle time and increase real-time spend visibility
- Collaborate with other departments to prioritize procurement needs like a corporate travel manager, solicit inputs, and align goals
- Analyze performance metrics against budget to demonstrate continuous improvement and progress against strategic objectives
- Acts as the internal point of contact for outside suppliers
Who are we looking for?
- 4 + years’ experience in strategic sourcing/procurement with a focus on travel, events, and swag
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business, or related fields
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience in supplier negotiations and management activities such as QBRs, Supplier Scorecards, Supplier Ranking
- Expert in advanced functions and features in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.