Content Creator & Graphic Reporter at OppFi
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago's fastest-growing startups, we've made the Crain's Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we've ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive "Opptimists" with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That's why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.What you get to do:
- Manage the design of all blog imagery, including interactive data visualization pieces and multimedia-heavy stories
- Manage the organization of media into our DAM and Wordpress
- Develop engaging rich media experiences
- Participate in all aspects of design phase from creative strategy through final executions
- Share work early and responds to feedback altering the design to inc
- Manage workload and prioritize projects based on department needs
- Function as visual leader, looking for ways to tell stories on mobile
- You bring ideas. You want to ideate, collaborate, and produce excellent interactive web experiences
- You want to dive in and find creative, interesting ways to visualize data for a consumer audience
- You understand designing across platforms and are proficient in Adobe XD, WordPress, Figma or design platforms
- You are able to convey interactive story ideas and complex interactions with wire-frames or prototypes
- You have a solid portfolio of design work and a smart UX sensibility
- Your working knowledge of the digital landscape in media, design and technology has come from about 5 years of professional experience
- You care about the quality of your work with a desire for improvement
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our Onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Business Resource Groups and other programs are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free Audible membership, access to all LinkedIn Learning courses, and monthly meditation and yoga classes. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. We have a dress code as well!EEOC Statement:
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected]