Store Code: User Interface/User (27558)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse the Aisles:
We are seeking a passionate writer to join our Experience Design team. You’ll be part of the Product team that influences product strategy. Help shape our online experience by crafting useable, useful, and responsible copy. You are an advocate for design, working to develop product experiences by creating clear and meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touchpoints. From ideation through implementation, you’ll work with a team of designers, product owners, and engineers to actively be a collaborative contributor. You’ll take a hands-on approach that involves iterating, testing, and executing across multiple workflows. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team, think holistically about design, and change the current grocery landscape.
The Experience Design team is a core component within the product and development teams. We collaborate with product owners, engineers, brand partners, and other stakeholders throughout the product development lifecycle. The position requires an empathetic customer focus, a data-driven approach, and a mastery of best practices for native and web UX design. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about design, and able to persuasively communicate work with minimal direction.
Recipe for Success-What's “in store” for the role
- Deploy content-centered design thinking across all layers of the product process (write content for websites, mobile apps, notifications, error messages, feature naming, and more)
- Lead the discussion on how a content-first vision for Product will help define features
- Write useable, useful, and responsible copy that drives adoption, engagement, and retention
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, marketers, project managers, brand partners, and stakeholders on a daily basis
- Synthesize complicated concepts into jargon-free, clear copy
- Translate UX research into language that anticipates needs and makes the experience easier to understand
- Effectively maintain multiple projects with fast-moving schedules
- Quickly adapt to last-minute requests and shifting timelines
- Champion the brand voice and style throughout all channels
- Author, maintain, and evangelize the UX Content Style Guide as it relates to the broader design system
- Lead workshops and co-creation sessions to build shared understanding across the organization
The Essentials in Your Cart-The required ingredients
- Minimum 4–6 years of digital copywriting experience on web and app platforms
- 2+ years of experience focused on UX writing and design thinking within a product or technology team
- A stellar portfolio of UX writing case studies that demonstrates your efficacy as a writer
- A conceptual mind that not only writes copy but considers how it integrates within visual design
- Proficiency navigating design and prototyping software such as Sketch and InVision
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to clearly articulate your approach to copy considerations
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- A drive to understand and discuss strategy, analyze metrics, and measure results
- Are curious and continuously learning about how to engage customers and vocalize their pain points.
- A collaborative, proactive mindset that is detail-oriented
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 11515_external_USA-IL-Chicago