Content Practice Lead
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We’re driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
About the job
We are looking for a Content Practice Lead to be located in our Chicago, Atlanta or Boston office. As the Content Practice Lead, you will be entrusted to lead the content practice nationally as well as support key business-development pursuits and clients. You have a deep background in content design and strategy and all aspects of it within the modern digital landscape. You know how to recognize and foster talent, develop & nurture ideas, and collaborate across disciplines. You are a true change agent and seek out new ways to strengthen Rightpoint as a whole. You are constantly exploring ways to innovate around content design and delivery. You can understand and articulate various perspectives on content to different audiences and collaborate with cross-functional leadership teams to identify opportunities to drive business value through content.
Additionally, you've led multi-disciplinary teams and are comfortable giving UX and design feedback in support of the overall experience strategy. You know what makes work excellent and transformational – and you have the work to prove it.
What you’ll be doing (team management):
- Elevating strategic thought and design processes within the Content discipline and its deliverables
- Mentoring and leading the Content Strategy team to help them grow professionally within projects and within the content discipline at Rightpoint
- Articulating a vision and lead direction of content for accounts and projects that’s informed by business needs and strategy
- Leading content thought and creative and/or strategic output for key business development efforts and leading cross-disciplinary teams to do so
- Helping manage staffing and co-create project plans taking into account team strengths and growth opportunities
What you’ll be doing (content and project leadership):
- Acting as a thought leader for key accounts for planning sessions, guidance or critical meetings
- Leading and nurturing client relationships from a content standpoint on assigned accounts
- Identifying additional sales opportunities for current accounts (along with the account team)
- Driving the usage of modern content thinking and techniques across the content team
- Actively engaging in increasing Rightpoint’s content profile through public speaking, judging, teaching, or other industry activities
- Providing business development support for key sales pursuits to drive growth in content-related revenue
- Serving as the practice area evangelist to help educate the rest of the organization on what the Content Strategy business is, what it does, and the value-add it offers, thus helping better integrate the practice area into the company as a whole
- Providing strategic assistance on key client projects within the practice
- Offering recommendations to constantly improve Content Strategy activities, deliverables, and thinking to help make Rightpoint’s Content Strategy services stand out among our competitors
What you need to have:
- Proven experience in proposing and selling in Content Strategy and related services through aspirational storytelling
- Experience with Website or Content Marketing Platforms
- Strong strategic thinking abilities and demonstrated success in leading teams in executing established strategies
- Excellent leadership skills, both in leading internal teams to best-in-class solutions and when partnering with clients
- Superior communication, time-management, relationship management, and presentation skills
- Significant experience managing teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams
- 10+ years’ experience in Content Strategy; at least 5 years in a leadership role in a Digital Agency Environment
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint:
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Peapod Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
- Catered Lunches Every Other Friday
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.