Content Strategist, Program Manager at Paylocity
- Drive visibility, coordination, management and oversight of Paylocity content ecosystem. Ensure content investments are aligned with overall business objectives and go-to-market strategy.
- Support marketing campaigns and programs, applying content expertise to create an audience-centric content plan that advances business objectives.
- Ensure content best practices are applied to integrated marketing program planning so that the full buyer’s journey and reputation, demand and sales enablement programs have been included and rationalized against activation plans.
- Create comprehensive and measurable content plan. Build strong cross-functional relationships across marketing, product and sales to define content strategy goals and approach, identify and ideate on compelling storylines, and align these elements to messaging documents and activation strategy
- Manage workflow, budget and agency relationships, liaise with subject matter experts, apply brand standards and act as editorial director for content strategies
- Oversee master content calendar, providing visibility into content creation efforts across the business. Manage centralized content library for asset management,
- Understand and leverage industry trends, the corporate brand and solution value propositions to ensure content quality and relevance in content creation. Identify and recommend opportunities for content reuse
- Contribute to search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) initiatives with an understanding of how to integrate keyword strategy into overall content planning for programs and campaigns
- Contribute to writing and editing assets in support of the content plan and in the context of messaging, brand and editorial guidelines
- Perform annual content audits and oversee ongoing maintenance of content library. Perform gap analyses on how the content inventory maps to internal and external audiences, along with their specific journey requirements
- Facilitate a quarterly cross-functional content council to foster knowledge sharing, collaboration and progress around content best practices and challenges
- Implement methodology for calculating, tracking and analyzing content investment Evangelize and educate relevant teams on content strategy best practices
- Oversee content measurement and key performance indicators (KPIs), including the design and operation of relevant, synthesized dashboards, reports and analyses
- Co-own and co-manage requirements definition, selection and implementation of content-related technologies
Education and Experience:
- State the minimum education, experience, skills and certifications/training required to successfully perform the job.
- 5- 10 years of integrated B2B tech marketing, content marketing, marketing communications and/or agency experience
- Knowledge of content strategy, management, analytics, audience segmentation
- Knowledge of digital technologies, including web content mgmt., content marketing software, web analytics and social media tools
- Highly collaborative, with proven experience working across functional teams
- Can synthesize strategic inputs from multiple diverse sources, including product and sales teams
- Creative and innovative – can see the story in the information
- Excellent communicator, collaborate and presenter
- Strong written, messaging and positioning skills; Copywriting and editing
- Complex project mgmt. skills