Are you a content enthusiast who is obsessed with bringing new ideas to life? Yakkety Yak is one of Chicago’s fastest-growing Content Marketing Agencies, and we’re looking for an outgoing, experienced and creative maven of content to join our team as Content Strategist. With experience in content development and a knack for business, the perfect candidate has experience writing and editing compelling copy for social media, websites, newsletters, and multimedia.
This candidate will work in conjunction with the content team and account managers. The ideal candidate has 5 years of experience, an aptitude for writing, and a BS in English, Communication, or Marketing.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee content development to ensure that all work product aligns with the brand strategy and client goals
- Contribute to blog, social media, newsletter and website content development
- Work in conjunction with the design team to deliver marketing materials
- Review blog posts and premium content from freelance contributors and staff writers across multiple client accounts
- Work alongside the account team to execute all aspects of the business function.
- Pivot content strategy based on engagement and other metrics
- Manage contributors and writers by assigning storylines and deadlines, providing editorial guidelines, and requesting revisions when needed
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework (journalism, communications, English, marketing)
- A background of writing and editing, showcasing the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of a wide range of businesses across multiple types of content
- Experience with writing and managing engaging social media content
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects from multiple clients with many moving parts
- Ability to confront any hurdles with a calm, positive mindset and a sense of confidence
- A knack for finding creative solutions without close supervision
- Hubspot Inbound Certification (upon start date)
- Experience creating engaging content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Understanding of SEO and how to write search-worthy content
- WordPress and Squarespace knowledge
- Email automation in platforms including Constant Contact, MailChimp and HubSpot
What You Will Love About Us
We believe in taking care of our team. Our market-leading benefits include:
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, vision–and pet insurance! Staying happy and healthy is a top priority.
- Unlimited PTO. We work hard and deliver for our clients, but we also have families and lives outside the office.
- Roth IRA account with 3% match after 12 months. We’re planning for our futures.
- Market-leading parental leave policy. Who says you can’t grow your family while growing an agency.
- Competitive compensation. We’re looking for top talent.
- Loft-style office in West Loop Gate. Steps from Union Station, multiple CTA stops, and all that West Loop has to offer.
About Yakkety Yak
Yakkety Yak is a full-service digital agency in growth mode. We believe in making it easier for small business owners to connect with their ideal customers through creative, high-impact digital marketing. We are meticulous about our work, driven to excel, always reaching for new ideas, and professional in our approach. Curious, motivated, and inspired, we are building an environment where we can thrive together.
Yakkety Yak is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Yakkety Yak recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Include a cover letter outlining 5 reasons why you are a good fit for our team
- Submit a link to recent articles, sample work product or professional website