About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub, we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late-night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late-night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business, individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly and our internal teams can work efficiently and effectively. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
About You: You are proactive and passionate about communicating in plain language — making the complex simple. You love thinking about and designing solutions that solve customer problems. You’re a strong collaborator who can work with Design, Product and Engineering ensuring a consistent voice across Grubhub’s brands. You’re a natural storyteller, a systems thinker, a designer of content, and people love to work with you.
We are looking for a Content Strategist to help create exceptional digital experiences. In this role you’ll utilize Grubhub’s voice and content standards for web and mobile to solve user needs. The position requires a customer focus, data savviness, and awareness of current practices for mobile and browser UX design and content. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about designing with words, and able to act well with minimal direction.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Help define the content strategy and writing guidelines for self-help products.
- Identify opportunities to improve UX content solutions to evolve self-help products, always advocating for and delighting the user.
- Understand and empathize with how the words we use make our users feel.
- Work with Care communications teams to ensure our internal content strategy is aligned with our customer facing content
- Partner with Design, Product, and Engineering partners to co-create content for experience(s) we’re trying to launch or evolve.
- Join our UX researchers to observe and conduct user testing and research to inform our experiences.
- Write clearly, concisely, and fearlessly for all of our products’ elements including emails, microcopy, push notifications, text messages, help text, and probably some things we haven’t thought of yet.
- Actively seek and openly receive feedback for your work.
- Provide feedback in all stages of a product’s development lifecycle—from brainstorming to retrospectives.
- Uphold and expand our voice, tone, and style guidelines.
- Think about the copy you write holistically. In other words, understand how the words you use impact the user now, but also in other parts of the user journey.
- Be able to clearly present, explain, and justify your copy decisions to anyone who might ask about them.
You Should Have
- 2-3 years working with content for web or mobile experiences/consumer-facing company
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Understanding of user flows and UX/UI principles
- Excellent attention to detail
- A collaborative, proactive and “hands-on” mindset that involves iterating and executing across multiple workflows
- A deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and user impact. You don’t just care about “how it sounds,” or “what we should say,” but “why are we communicating this at all? and “how will this impact our users' lives?”
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Content Strategy, English, Journalism, Creative Writing, Human-Centered Design or other area(s) of relevant focus
- A conceptual mind that not only writes copy but considers visuals as well
- Ability to understand and discuss strategy, metrics, and results
- Information architecture experience is plus
Please include a link to samples of your work that show an experience across different content types. You may show us content you’ve created for user interfaces, microcopy, user education, direct or transactional emails, style guides or product launch content
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.