Content Writer (Contracted) at XSELL Technologies
XSELL is currently seeking a Content Writer who’s a wordsmith and a creative powerhouse. We’re looking for a writer to take the reins and help us develop our voice on corporate messaging and solution writing needs. As a Content Writer, your job is to create topical, valuable content pieces that supply marketing and SEO objectives, balancing new content upon launch, incoming requests, and recurring contracted assignments.
Additionally, you will have a thorough understanding of SEO best practices as they apply to content development, and will apply SEO strategies to pages, blogs, and various other forms of content. We are looking for a Content Writer who maintains a go-getter attitude and consistently delivers top-level work. A candidate for this position is comfortable presenting their work, thinking on their feet, and is capable of researching and writing about specific niche topics.
What You Will Bring
- 2-3 Years of applicable work/writing experience
- Personal or professional ongoing writing, related education, or job experience
- Professional writing experienced desired but not required
- Typing speed of 60 wpm or higher
- Concise and detail-oriented
- Desire to learn, research, and increase knowledge-base
- Ability to fact-check information
- Ability to manage change and maintain a positive attitude
- Strong work ethic and storytelling skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interested in a long-lasting relationship with a growing company
- Background in SEO and Title Tags
- Background in Marketing preferred
- Always seeking to improve; even if it means challenging the status quo
Ways You Will Contribute
- Writing for a multitude of diverse projects (including topics you might not be familiar with)
- Create questionnaires that enable thoughtful answers, will have help from leadership in development of questionnaire
- Work closely with internal stakeholders through phone interviews and video interviews to build most of the copy
- Write thought-provoking content for websites, one-pagers, case studies. blogs, ad copy, web pages, and various other forms of content - both internally and externally
- Learn quickly and independently
- Handle multiple projects at once
- Write well under pressure and with time constraints
- Follows written instructions and develops quality content as determined by the Project Manager, SEO Manager, Marketing Manager
- Balances a variety of content duties, including content calendars, contracted content, un-launched content, and internal requests
- Creates relevant, dynamic, topical blogs on a monthly basis
- Ensures all content is factually accurate, grammatically correct, and reflects the appropriate tone and objectives
- Abides by launch dates and content deadlines
What To Expect
You’re our ideal candidate if you are comfortable working in a growing environment and have the flexibility to switch between a multitude of projects as needed. You’re eager to be the future and ready to implement new, innovative ideas into the workplace. Within our company, your entrepreneurial spirit will help you gain professional growth in months, rather than years. Giving you more opportunities and responsibilities within the business than any corporate position could offer.
XSELL is committed to a culture of teamwork; where everyone works together to plan, do, learn, and continuously improve. We accomplish that by staying true to our core values.
- Best Chapter: Every XSELLer is plugged in and focused on writing their “the best chapter yet”, both personally and professionally. We believe in working hard to achieve success, but that success only comes if we are doing it together. We do this with a high level of humility, integrity, and compassion towards our coworkers. We celebrate and recognize each other and have a lot of fun along the way.
- Know Us By Our Results: We do what we say and say what we do. Our coworkers and clients will “know us by our results” – we welcome that and embrace transparency and measurement.
- Do It The XSELL Way: Together we are building an inclusive culture full of top-performing, talented people that are striving towards common goals with resilience. People will admire not only the work we do but also that we “do it the XSELL way” – as one team. We do this through strong communication, collaboration, and accountability to each other.
- Open for Business: We are always “open for business” – fiercely committed to improving ourselves, our team, and our company. We stay curious and approach every situation as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Conversations Happen In the Room: Feedback is imperative to our collective success. We approach the “conversation in the room” with respect, empathy, and candor. Our dialogue with each other is always open and honest.
XSELL Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.