Copywriter / Clinical Research Associate at closerlook, inc.
closerlook’s Copywriter/Clinical Research Associate (CRA) creates compelling content that aligns with strategic communication objectives for digital marketing campaigns, and also reviews references and supporting materials for effective creation of marketing tactics and submission to our clients’ medical/regulatory/legal teams.
The Copywriter/CRA is a creative, conceptual thinker who collaborates with the rest of the creative team to ensure that the writing, design and technology we develop are greater than the sum of their parts and achieve the client’s communication objectives. In collaboration with the creative team, the Copywriter/CRA contributes creative concepting, marketing writing and content management to closerlook projects, both internal and external. This position will also have the goal of ensuring the accuracy of medical/scientific claims in marketing materials. The Copywriter/CRA may also participate in researching and summarizing clinical literature in support of tactics, brand planning and new-business pursuits.
- Collaborates productively with Copywriters, Writing Directors, Art Directors, Designers, Project Managers, Proofreaders, Developers and other members of the project team.
- Demonstrates careful attention to detail.
- Executes strong marketing writing that aligns with strategic inputs.
- Participates in creative critiques and presentations.
- Adheres to brand style in both copy and design.
- Ensures the accuracy of claims across multiple brands.
- Finds sources and identifies support to substantiate claims.
- Annotates support for claims in submissions to regulatory teams.
- Communicates actively with project teams to keep jobs and deliverables on track and on schedule.
- Acts as guardian of content and the recorder of all copy changes throughout the creative process.
- Evaluates medical and scientific source material sent from partner agencies and clients and participates in medical discussions.
- Creates clinical primers on diseases and therapies to support the internal team on new business and pursuits.
- Degree from a college or a university in English, journalism, communications or a science-related field.
- Master’s degree in the sciences preferred but not required.
- At least two years of experience as a marketing Copywriter.
- At least one year of experience providing scientific research support in a professional environment, preferably marketing.
- Has demonstrable mastery of English-language style and mechanics.
- Experience reading scientific journals and technical language.
- Experience in marketing for the healthcare industry, especially pharma, is a plus.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze problems, anticipate consequences and eliminate obstacles to successfully complete projects.
- Exhibits a high level of creative and problem-solving skills within the parameters of a highly regulated industry.
- Can easily manage a large volume of content while maintaining accurate work.
- Flexibility; ability to adapt to changing timelines.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AT CLOSERLOOK
At closerlook, we are committed to building an inclusive environment across race, gender, age, religion, identity and personal experience. We celebrate our differences and champion diverse thinking to drive innovation. We believe we’re strongest when we’re together — all of us — to help better serve our clients and the communities around us.
ABOUT CLOSERLOOK, INC.
closerlook is a new type of marketing agency that helps biopharma brands make a difference in the lives of patients and those who care for them.
We focus on what matters most—the combination of better patient outcomes and bigger business impact.
Learn more at closerlook.com
EQUALITY FOR ALL: AT THE HEART OF WHAT MATTERS
At closerlook, equality for all is a core value that’s at the heart of what matters. We believe in building a diverse and inclusive culture across race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, mental health, and physical ability. We celebrate our differences and champion diverse thinking to drive innovation — in a safe environment so everyone can be their authentic selves. By valuing and promoting our different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences as strengths, we are positioned to best serve patients, healthcare professionals, and the communities around us.