OppLoans is the nation’s leading socially responsible online lender and one of the fastest-growing organizations in the FinTech space today. We’re rapidly building our team and platform as we expand our portfolio of financial products to the underbanked community. Embracing a modern approach to personal finance, we emphatically believe all borrowers deserve a dignified alternative to predatory lending. Currently rated 5/5 stars on Google, Facebook, and LendingTree, OppLoans is redefining online lending through innovative technology, energetic marketing, and caring customer service.
*To apply, please submit your resume along with relevant writing samples (to be submitted in place of a cover letter).*
- You can write and you can prove it. Serious writing credentials like degrees and publication records are considered and respected.
- You are passionate about bringing written projects to life from ideation all the way through publication and promotion.
- You can identify appropriate topics, experts, and stories to pursue, and you can craft excellent content from them.
- You can write from within (and develop) a brand voice.
- You have significant experience blogging, vlogging and/or contributing to social media campaigns.
- You have experience developing other forms of content like video, data-driven original research, infographics, and/or landing pages.
- Pitch and research stories on assigned topics.
- Write excellent, engaging articles and content for our audience.
- Work with the larger marketing team to review content and supply text for needed assets across all of our channels (landing pages, email, scripts, and more).
- Provide quality assurance on all deliverables.
- Support and contribute to content updates and web projects.
- Strong research background (journalists, bloggers, public policy, education backgrounds all encouraged to apply)
- Excellent professional writing ability (MFAs, authors, bloggers encouraged to apply)
- BA/ BS required
- 2+ years’ professional work experience
- Strong writing skills
- Critical thinking, creativity, and the ability to learn quickly are more important than hard skills
- Background in marketing, journalism, communications or PR is preferable but not required
- Extremely fast-growing company
- Great opportunities to influence brand, marketing department, and character of company
- Competitive salary & benefits package
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Equal opportunity employer