At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
The Knowledge Management Specialist is an innovative position responsible for authoring knowledge articles for internal and external channels and storing them in a streamlined knowledgebase for all employees to easily access. This role will be expected to constantly maintain, update, and restructure this database, while troubleshooting any question that employees have regarding its usage.
We aspire for the Knowledge Management Specialist to contribute towards masterminding a modern approach to knowledge acquisition company-wide, therefore content writing and rewriting is a major component. A background in technical writing as well as expertise in HTML code are required. If you know you have a futuristic ability for making forgotten archives new again and a magical touch for translating disorganized and complex pieces of information into comprehensible and dependable resources, then you may be the individual we seek.
A successful candidate will be technically-minded and superiorly skilled in attention to detail. You must be able to work independently, meet established deadlines, and develop strong relationships with numerous departments across our organization to acquire, update, and disseminate knowledge articles.
- The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Compose technical articles, including appropriate metadata, in response to user inquiries and new product releases
- Work with distributed authoring teams to acquire and/or import content from other sources to move to a single source repository
- Ensure the use of effective taxonomy in synonyms, keywords and other metadata
- Apply appropriate personalization to articles to maintain the correct security of specific content.
- Coordinate timely workflow approval of content
- Coordinate with other departments to evaluate dynamic guidance logic and build and maintain logic, end-point articles, and guidance articles
- Update articles based on the monitored analytics
- Complete periodic structured reviews to confirm content is relevant, usable, up-to-date and assigned correctly
- Occasional coaching of the distributed authoring teams when needed.
- Attend early-user information sessions about new product releases, provide suggestions and critical feedback
- Work cross-functionally to learn upcoming product features
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Exhibit a strong leadership presence, positive self-confidence and intuition
Education and Experience
- 3 years minimum, technical writing experience
- BA/BS degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite – Word, Power Point
- HTML coding-able to read and translate (at minimum)
- Previous experience authoring in eGain or another knowledge tool is desired.
- Understand the difference between content management and knowledge management.
- Researched knowledge of changes and enhancements in the software and technical feature documents
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Time management proficiency with focus on project deadlines
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand complex, technical applications and translate that information into various formats to educate various audiences
At Paylocity, our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours / remote opportunities
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Spoiler alert: We’re currently ranked #20 on their Best Places to Work list, and have also won Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, and Crain’s Fast 50, just to name a few.
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.