Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews to see why our employees love us!
What you can expect from us:
- A fast-paced environment with dynamic challenges and opportunities to make an impact.
- A commitment to professional development and support for your growth.
- Ability to work with a team of hard working professionals who truly value excellence and providing a phenomenal customer experience.
- A group committed to a fantastic employee experience from the very first interview to the everyday experience.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Lead Editor to manage onsite publication of blogs, reports and other content. This role requires managing both in-house and freelance writers to produce and publish daily articles, as well as monthly longform pieces. The Lead Editor will assign stories to writers as well as research and write content.
The ideal candidate must have previous experience leading a team of writers and a strong background in content marketing, journalistic, academic or business writing. He or she will be responsible for using WordPress to publish high-quality content that will contribute to our brand voice and position as an expert, leader and advocate in the socially responsible FinTech sector.
This full-time, in office position requires the ability to research financial news and topics, identify, approach and interview subject matter experts, edit others’ work, manage writers and participate in the promotion of this and other content across all our channels and social media platforms. This is an exceptional opportunity for a professional writer and content producer. Journalistic, SEO, video and professional social media experiences are pluses. If you want to roll up your sleeves and facilitate the creation of exceptional content, we want to hear from you.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience managing and mentoring content producers.
- You can write and edit for professional publications and you can prove it. Serious writing credentials like degrees and publication records are considered and respected.
- A background in writing and editing for brands or publications.
- You are passionate about bringing written projects to life from ideation all the way through publication and promotion.
- You can identify appropriate topics, experts, and stories to pursue, and craft excellent content from them.
- You can write from within (and develop) a brand voice.
- You have significant experience blogging and/or contributing to social media campaigns.
- You have experience developing other forms of content like video, data-driven original research, infographics, and/or landing pages.
- Publishing content on WordPress.
- Managing weekly and monthly editorial calendars for onsite content.
- Managing in-house and remote contract writers.
- Editing others’ work for publication.
- Working with the Social Media team to promote onsite content.
- Researching and writing stories on personal finance topics.
- Writing excellent, engaging articles and content for our audience.
- Working with the larger marketing team to review content and supply text for needed assets across all of our channels (landing pages, email, scripts, and more).
- Apply editorial standards to all onsite content.
- Support and contribute to content updates and web projects.
- Strong writing and editing background (journalists, bloggers, content managers, education backgrounds all encouraged to apply).
- BA/ BS required.
- 5+ years’ professional work experience.
- Strong portfolio of work.
- Experience managing and mentoring writers.
- Experience using WordPress or other CMS platforms.
- Broad understanding of strategic marketing, traditional media, and the digital marketing landscape.
- Competitive benefits package
- Free PPO Medical plan option with BCBS.
- Flexible Spending accounts & Health Saving plans with employer contribution up to $500.
- Dental, Vision, Accident coverage.
- Disability plans & Life insurance 100% employer paid.
- Wellness & EAP Programs.
- CTA, Metra & parking programs.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available including a Bevi machine and unlimited free coffee.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- Free gym membership onsite.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships & Soul Cycle classes.
- 401(k) plan with employer match that is fully vested upon enrollment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events including but not limited to: happy hours, massages, trivia & game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts & lunches, professional development seminars, fitness classes, etc.
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.