Manager, Large Bid Quotations & Content
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Manages Large Bids and Content Teams. Is responsible for the coaching, development and performance management of the US Large Bids team. Is responsible for the pricing strategy implementation of Large Bids and Brand Pricing. Understands current strategy and processes in order to inspect proper execution by Large Bids team.
Has responsibility in the management of Grainer's content deployment solution, partnering directly with multiple functions (pricing, consulting, sales) across the organization in order to provide direction for timely content deployment.
- Manages, coaches and develops all members of the content and large bid teams
- Supports various projects and initiatives within the quotes organization including cost support and annual renewals
- Responsible for the interviewing, hiring and onboarding of new team members within the Content and Large Bids team
- Monitor team's measurements in key areas such as productivity, cycle-time, and success rates
- Partners directly with various functions to ensure success and realization of large bids and successful content deployment
- Assists in the development of content deployment strategy and provides direction to internal stakeholders
- Continues to analyze and assess current processes in order to develop solutions for automation and cost savings
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or finance, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally and has a firm understanding of stakeholder management and organizational strategy
- Strong organizational and time-management skills required to meet tight time constraints
- Ability to influence business partners and hold partners accountable for timelines having a direct impact on contractual obligations
- Ability to understand and implement business objectives as they relate to the organizations pricing strategy and business objectives
- Ability to identify profitable business opportunities and when necessary work directly with sales leaders to review large bid opportunities
- Clear understanding of suppliers, customers, as well as Grainger's strengths and weaknesses
- Able to source information from variable inputs and synthesize into meaningful and actionable formats
- Solid customer-service skills and strong communication required to interact with all levels of the organization
- Proficient with multiple PC applications and ability to utilize tools such as MS Excel, MS Access, Lotus Notes, the Internet, etc., to maximize productivity
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.