Senior Content Strategist
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Who We Are
Your career at SAP Fieldglass is what you make of it. You can forge your own path, switch business units or solve a problem that no one has before. With office space in Chicago, London and Brisbane, as well as an employee presence on 6 continents, we are a diverse global company with a family feel. Inspired by change and by each other, we take pride in our innovative culture that created and continues to shape our market-leading, best-in-class solution. At SAP Fieldglass we don’t follow trends, we set them!
- Best of both worlds: start-up culture with the backing and benefits of SAP
- Focus on continuous professional growth and development
- Promote healthy work / life balance
- Committed to our communities and the environment
- 2016 Moxie Award winner for best office space
What We Do
Businesses are racing to be more competitive in an environment where workforce is pivotal. Companies need the right talent at the right price at the right time. SAP Fieldglass accelerates the engagement of talent and provides total workforce visibility to maximize cost savings and improve worker quality. Our cloud-based, open platform has been deployed in more than 140 countries and helps companies transform how work gets done.
- Forrester Research, Inc, positions SAP Fieldglass as a leader among services procurement providers
- KellyOCG® Supplier Excellence Award Winner
Senior Content Strategist
We are looking for a highly-motivated Senior Content Strategist with strong writing skills, experience with software documentation, and the ability to grasp complex technologies and tools. The Senior Content Strategist will collaborate with teams across SAP Fieldglass to determine, establish and maintain the overall documentation architecture, standards, processes, and guidelines for online content. The Senior Content Strategist will design and implement documentation best practices, learn tools, and architect the complete documentation solution to help provide a positive user experience with the SAP Fieldglass application. This is an on-site position in either our Chicago or Naperville office.
What You Will Do
- Create the mission and vision for the SAP Fieldglass online product page in the SAP Help Portal, balancing the needs of the company and the needs of the customers.
- Research and design the documentation architecture by identifying user requirements and studying the site concept, strategy, and target audiences.
- Drive and manage the evolution and continuous improvement of specific user assistance team tools, standards, processes, technologies, and content quality.
- Optimize the migration of existing content and identify productivity savings through content reuse.
- Validate information delivery by analyzing usage patterns and studying user feedback.
- Identify how the online product page will accommodate change and growth over time.
- Create user assistance deliverables that enable users to deploy, administer, and use SAP Fieldglass software and/or coordinate the creation of these deliverables.
- Assist in maintaining documentation based on application releases and enhancements.
What You Need to Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical communication field or equivalent work experience is required.
- 5+ years of experience as a software technical writer.
- 5+ years of experience with project management or content strategy management.
- Working knowledge of DITA, HTML, and XML.
- Demonstrated ability in presenting technical information.
- Excellent writing, grammar, and editing skills.
- Experience with user assistance development tools including MadCap Flare and Ixiasoft is a plus.
- Experience with JIRA issue tracking software and Confluence collaboration software tools is helpful.
- Familiarity with Vendor Management Systems, Managed Service Providers, and the Service Procurement Process is a plus.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.