Senior Copywriter at Litera
Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving over 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company selected for Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
As part of Litera's continued growth, we are adding a Senior Copywriter to our team. As a key member of the marketing team you will develop copy across a variety of form factors. You will have a primary role in creation of marketing materials across the board. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a fast-paced, results-driven marketing team at a growing company.
Day in the Life:
- Create marketing materials across multiple channels.
- Write, proofread, and edit copy for use in a range of applications - including website, articles, blogs, emails, ads, video scripts, social media, collateral, and more.
- Customize messaging to multiple channels and distribution personas.
- Write copy with conversion and adoption in mind
- Maintain voice and tone of the Litera brand through all marketing touchpoints.
- Work closely with marketing specialists and designers to ensure alignment across design and content.
- Partner with product and sales, along with other members of the marketing team, to develop copy for launches and announcements.
- Optimize content for search engines, stay up-to-date on SEO and on-page optimization best practices
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete new hire onboarding including eLearning courses, instructor led training, role specific mentorship and more.
- Meet with the marketing team and other key stakeholders to get a better understanding of our industry, competitors, and business, plus marketing's role in the company.
- Learn and familiarize yourself with the tools and platforms used by the team.
- Review current content marketing projects and provide creative direction.
- Hit the ground running and engage in a variety of writing assignments.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Research and compose ideas for elevating established themes and associated content to reflect company objectives.
- Review ongoing content across website and marketing materials to ensure consistency in voice and tone.
- Be prolific in writing and editing a wide variety of highly consumable and compelling content.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of content and evolve, as necessary.
- Cultivate and integrate new ideas that align with current and future marketing goals.
- Have become an uber-productive resource when it comes to consistently generating content that delivers the intended results.
- Prefer 3+ years' experience in B2B copywriting
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills with a strong attention to detail – and with a creative flair.
- Strong affinity for interplay between design and copy
- Strong understanding of audiences and can modify messaging accordingly
- Ability to take complex concepts and deliver them in a conversational and compelling way
- Executes strong, engaging marketing writing that aligns with company strategy and goals
- Familiarity with and ability to edit in Chicago style, but also with the ability to adjust for specific audiences and mediums
- Working knowledge of digital marketing and content strategies
- Self-motivated and can thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
What Sets Us Apart?
- Work with other skilled and passionate marketers
- You will be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills
- Regular social & philanthropic events
- Access to personal development courses and tools in our internal learning management system
- Great culture, health benefits, PTO and holiday policies, & more!