Senior Editorial Director at closerlook, inc.
Senior Editorial Director is a new role at the agency, one that an entrepreneurial self-starter looking to grow and shape the Editorial function at the agency will find rewarding.
The Senior Editorial Director is responsible for conducting and directing a range of editorial services including: copy editing; reviews for alignment with brand guidelines for tone; proofreading; claim and reference checking; documentation and implementation of client and regulatory-review feedback; and final quality reviews of biopharmaceutical advertising materials, corporate communications and internal and external presentations. The Sr. Editorial Director understands the medical/legal/regulatory requirements associated with biopharmaceutical marketing, in addition to the project lifecycle of various marketing tactics. In short, the Sr. Editorial Director promotes editorial consistency and quality throughout the review cycle.
On an ongoing basis, the Sr. Editorial Director takes a leadership role in articulating, reviewing and updating agency processes that contribute to our doing, submitting and launching work of the highest quality.
The Sr. Editorial Director is also responsible for the management and direction of the closerlook Editorial/Proofreading team.
- Participates in the content review process throughout all stages of a project, with particular emphasis on a quality checklist.
- Reviews/edits content of each project for fulfillment of creative brief, language clarity and consistency, brand and messaging accuracy, appropriate tone and overall cohesiveness, typographical errors and formatting, client feedback, regulatory requirements, American Medical Association (AMA) style, fair balance, appropriate referencing, and more.
- Checks materials to ensure comprehensive and accurate support for claims.
- Provides focused reviews in advance of submissions.
- Available to represent the Editorial Team in medical/regulatory meetings and documents global and brand-specific feedback to ensure the information is disseminated to the appropriate parties and integrated into future deliverables.
- Directs the creative execution of label updates across all tactics.
- Works closely with Account, Project Management, Copy, Design and other brand team members to ensure all tactics are compliant with client and FDA requirements.
- Manages the Editorial/Proofreading team and works with that team to create and maintain key documents, such as brand style guides, the agency-wide custom dictionary, process documents and checklists.
- Trains and continually develops team members on performing editorial reviews and proofreading tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, including providing overflow assistance for copywriting and proofreading tasks.
- The Sr. Editorial Director reports to the Chief Creative Officer.
- 7+ years of editing experience in the healthcare and/or pharmaceutical industry required. At least 5 year of experience in the advertising and/or marketing industry preferred.
- Thorough, up-to-date knowledge of AMA (10th edition) style
- Experience with medical/regulatory/legal reviews and familiarity with FDA requirements for drug promotion preferred.
- Ability to understand medical/scientific terminology.
- Extremely detail oriented, thorough and accurate.
- Digitally savvy with excellent verbal, written, organizational and time-management skills.
- Proven experience managing rapidly shifting priorities and deadlines in high-pressure situations.
- Experience shaping a new position at an existing company, or starting a new discipline from the ground up, is a plus.
- Experience making internal and client-facing presentations
- Experienced in MS Word, Adobe Acrobat Professional and PowerPoint.
ABOUT CLOSERLOOK, INC.
closerlook is a new type of marketing agency that helps biopharma brands make a difference in the lives of patients and those who care for them.
We focus on what matters most—the combination of better patient outcomes and bigger business impact.
Learn more at closerlook.com
EQUALITY FOR ALL: AT THE HEART OF WHAT MATTERS
At closerlook, equality for all is a core value that’s at the heart of what matters. We believe in building a diverse and inclusive culture across race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, mental health, and physical ability. We celebrate our differences and champion diverse thinking to drive innovation — in a safe environment so everyone can be their authentic selves. By valuing and promoting our different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences as strengths, we are positioned to best serve patients, healthcare professionals, and the communities around us.