Senior Manager - Custom Operations & Tailoring
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
As the Senior Manager of Custom Clothing and Tailoring, you will support the end-to-end Custom Operation while working closely with our manufacturers to ensure accurate and timely production of garments. You will also support our tailoring team which measures for our custom offerings and alters our clothing to fit our customers needs. You will play an integral role in developing, growing and maintaining an efficient custom operation & tailoring program. You will interface directly with customers, vendors, and employees while executing on strategy and initiatives while growing direct reports.
What you’ll do
- Build, lead and develop a team of fitters, tailors and custom operations associates across all Trunk Club locations.
- Establish and manage SLAs and KPIs that monitor the performance and success of Custom Operations and Tailoring to include but not limited to: order entry and internal queues.
- Develop and oversee full processes for Custom and Tailoring to maximize quality, efficiency and proactively identify areas of opportunity.
- Lead collaboration with seasonal fabric operational process between Trunk Club Merchandise, Custom and Clubhouse Operations teams, in addition to develop and maintain relationships with Nordstrom tailoring leadership to integrate processes.
- Oversee process for movement of inventory during Tailoring and Custom; to include but not limited to- drop-off, pick-up and delivery of tailored garments between Trunk Club, stylists and customers, and 3rd-party vendors.
- Collaborate with Heads of Office, Custom Technical Training and Merchandising teams to implement strategic solutions to scale our business and provide a consistent experience in all Trunk Club locations.
- Build relationships with senior leadership and technology teams to integrate Custom Clothing and Tailoring departments in alignment with the Trunk Club Customer Experience.
- Maintain and achieve quarterly and yearly budget goals.
What your background may look like
- 5+ years of experience, in customer service or operations (3+ of those years in management) and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work history
- Comfortable with travel to other Trunk Club locations
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel
Who you are
- A builder. You take initiative, give ideas and are an innovation expert and proactively identify areas of opportunity for Trunk Club Tailoring and the Custom Operations Team as a whole.
- A garment guru. You have technical garment experience and work well under pressure.
- A people developer and forward thinker. You’ll be excited to help shape and lead our tailoring process.
- An effective communicator. You adjust your communication style to fit the audience and message.
- A goal-driven leader. You maintain and achieve budget goals as well as effectively motivate your team.
- A sound decision maker. You can proactively solve problems, even in an ever-changing environment.
- A partner. You’ll support our assets and departments with an appropriate style, as well as partner with Nordstrom to integrate processes and systems as our business evolves.
How we work
- With others. Work closely with cross functional partners in technology, operations, sales, finance and other product groups to develop a roadmap and deliver on goals.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Merchandise discount
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee shop!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.