Special Credits Underwriter at Braintree
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Special Credits Underwriter who will be responsible for monitoring under-performing merchants and will negotiate with high risk and delinquent merchants. This person will manage and work with merchants through the bankruptcy and administration process, determining the most effective strategy to secure repayment and/or collection of owed funds. The Special Credits Underwriter should be skilled in early identification and evaluation of deteriorating processing and financial situations in order to minimize losses.
- Monitor credit risk and manage underwriting relationship for a portion of the Special Credits portfolio.
- Identify deteriorating credits, develop workout strategies, and negotiate acceptable terms and conditions to protect Braintree’s interests and achieve maximum recovery.
- Work with internal and external legal counsel to review and assess the impact of merchant bankruptcy filings and ensure protection of Braintree as a creditor.
- Communicate Braintree’s position and lead the negotiations process.
- Track progress of the workout process.
- 2+ years of merchant service work experience related to merchant underwriting and/or commercial lending
- Solid financial statement analysis
- Experience in preparing underwriting packages
- Ability to develop, negotiate, and execute on remediation plans
- Some knowledge of bankruptcy and bankruptcy proceedings, including Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy and the rights of creditors
- Maintain knowledge of industry State and Federal laws, rules and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!