Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Sr. Copywriter?
Clearcover is seeking a Sr. Copywriter that has a passion for bringing great brands to life, producing clear, compelling copy while also understanding the business objectives behind the work. You must be passionate about developing a dynamic, friendly and engaging brand voice, and using data and customer insights to improve the customer experience. We’re looking for someone who has worked in the brand and agency world, or with a strong in-house creative team, and has experience delivering copy for multi-channel advertising campaigns and content for organic social channels, as well as B2B comms. The candidate should have strong storytelling and conceptual skills, be a confident presenter, and possess acute attention to detail.
This role requires an expert command of grammar and style, as well as a desire to create processes that help non-writers easily access and implement accurate messaging. The right candidate must be passionate about writing and editing, maintaining style guides and evergreen content—all while upholding a consistent brand voice.
What will you be doing?
- Help develop and own our brand voice, including a deep understanding of the positioning of the evolving Clearcover brand
- Be the subject matter expert for voice and message hierarchies related to customer engagement campaigns, acquisition campaigns, and new product launches
- Write copy along the creative spectrum, from compelling campaign lines to clear instructional messages, across a range of print and digital deliverables
- Partner with brand team to consistently raise the bar for creative development and execution
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and internal teams to assess copy/creative needs and messaging priorities
- Manage own workload, with little oversight, to ensure project are completed within identified timelines
- Present copy strategy and creative concepts to leadership
- Own the audit and feedback loops with teams who create their own customer-facing copy, coaching and providing documentation that enables them to uphold our voice and brand standards
- Keep current on trends in content and style reflected on various media and marketing channels and editorial sphere
What are our must haves?
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating excellence in copywriting, across a range of deliverables
- 5-7 years of experience copywriting and editing in an agency or in-house setting
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to succeed as sole copywriter in org
- Relentlessly high quality standards and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to gracefully defend creative decisions to leadership
- Critical thinker who works well with cross-functional teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with multiple different stakeholders and regulatory requirements
- Ability to juggle many projects and consistently deliver results despite competing priorities
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We contribute 3% to your 401k even if you don’t
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.