Hello, We’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Nationwide.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We’re looking for a Staff Writer, Brand Studio
As a staff writer, you will be joining our Brand Studio team of writers, editors, designers, strategists and UX experts collaborating each day to develop high-quality content in support of the tech and startup community. We are looking for a startup loving, analytical, tech-crazy writer with a fresh voice and style.How you’ll contribute
- Write and edit multiple branded pieces each week, while helping in the production of our full creative suite on an as-needed basis
- Communicate with internal and external teams to ensure all deadlines are met and production flows seamlessly
- Write social media copy for any content you author and own distribution on Built In’s Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn channels
- Do it all with an awesome attitude. We’re a collaborative, easy-going and down-to-earth team who likes to have fun together. There’s no room for ego at our table.
- 3-5 years of experience writing content in support of brands
- Demonstrated ability to produce strategic pieces designed to drive conversions or support company goals
- Demonstrated knowledge and passion for tech industry news
- Ability to use analytics to inform decision-making
- Robust research and interview skills
- The ability to embrace change. We're growing fast and change is a constant. We look for people who are excited to help build something and who see every new change as an opportunity.
- You should be a digital native, capable of managing social media channels to drive organic growth and support the tech community
- You should be excited to work on a creative team that is working to produce innovative new products
- Previous experience writing for a tech publication preferred
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
- Competitive compensation, 401(k), stock options and benefits.
- We pay a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision and disability.
- Casual dress and flexible work hours. Come in your sweatshirt, jeans, college jersey. We don't care. We focus on the quality of your work and your collegiality more than on your apparel.
- Free food! Yes, you read that correctly. We keep our kitchen stocked with free healthy snack foods. We also have cold brew coffee on tap and provide catered lunch (Monday through Thursday). We eat lunch together most days, which means you’ll quickly feel like part of the team.
- Fun work environment. We operate as a flat organization where everyone is responsible to self-manage and take ownership of their work. We are humble, hardworking, honest and fun. And we regularly debate office pets, take turns DJing and find time to celebrate our wins as a company.
- We offer unlimited vacation and sick time. We let you take time away from work for vacation, personal or short-term sickness, as your good judgment and workload allow.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.