Kranze Technology Solutions develops complex, customized cutting edge aircraft avionics hardware and software systems supporting survivability, situational awareness, interoperability, and data collection systems. KTS is seeking Technical Writer(s) to document our new cutting edge solutions.
- Execute typical duties within Aerospace & Defense sectors for a Technical Writer/Editor position to support software development, system integration, quality assurance, and test activities.
- Develop, maintain, and sustain project documents and deliveries in accordance with standard government guidelines and CDRLs.
- Leverage existing engineering documentation and FSR training to develop new or update existing documentation.
- Interact with Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Program Management, and FSR teams.
- Create Release Notes or test reports for deliverables.
- Create operator and maintainer training to support avionics systems that are installed on military aircraft.
The candidate should be able to operate amongst a technical team to create document and drawing solutions using the latest technologies. The candidate must have demonstrated technical writing experience. The candidate must be able to work with limited supervision, contribute innovative ideas to improve product capabilities, and lead smaller documentation efforts.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred) in Technology, English, Engineering, Logistics, or related field with five or more years of work experience
- Experience with Windows, Mac OS X, and/or Unix
- Experience with Visio, Photoshop, and all Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance, for which the United States Government requires United States citizenship
About Kranze Technology Solutions
Kranze Technology Solutions, Inc. is a defense industry small business company specializing in Infrared Countermeasures (IRCM) systems, digital interoperability and networking, and program support for the US Navy, US Marine Corps, and SOCOM. KTS provides hardware and software product development, systems of systems integration, system test and evaluation support, modeling and simulation analysis, and other engineering services to support the Warfighter. KTS offers a casual, flexible and entrepreneurial work environment with a close-knit team of dedicated leading professionals in multiple fields. KTS provides each team member significant opportunity to solve a wide variety of complex technical challenges in small teams while working hand in hand with our defense customers.
Kranze Technology Solutions is proud to provide extremely competitive benefits to all full time employees including:
- Comprehensive Leave plan (Paid Time Off)
- Comprehensive Health Care package including Vision, Dental, Health Savings Account (HSA), and more
- Generous Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) retirement plan
- Paid Overtime
- Flex Time and Flexible Scheduling
- Opportunities to work remotely and travel
- Tuition Reimbursement options
- Casual and relaxed work environment
KTS is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other segmenting characteristics protected by law.