Technical Writer at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020).
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a member of the Client Education team, you’ll work with a team of learning and creative professionals to improve our documentation within an ecosystem of educational options (i.e. documentation, e-learning, and instructor-led training).
You’ll partner closely with members of the Product and Engineering departments to get the information needed to deliver accurate content within expected deadlines.
Braze’s documentation site includes user guides, dev-docs, and partner docs. As a technical writer, you’ll be expected to own all relevant documentation within your domain of expertise. This includes staying on top of all changes to the platform, project managing any necessary changes to documentation, and creating/updating documentation.
- Create and maintain documentation for technologies and tools used within the Braze platform. This includes staying on top of all changes to the platform, project managing any necessary changes to documentation, and creating/updating documentation.
- Partnering with our Product and Engineering teams to ensure that documentation is up-to-date in a timely manner.
- Working with other teams within Client Education to ensure that documentation fits within Braze’s larger ecosystem of educational offerings.
- Create and maintain sample code snippets and apps.
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years of experience creating instructional technical content for a SaaS company.
- Able to convey complex concepts in a clear, concise, and consistent manner for a variety of audiences—our readers include marketers, engineers, product managers, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders.
- Experience writing, proofreading, and editing.
- Interested in how technical writing can be used in a proactive—rather than reactive—way.
- Familiarity with marketing and the martech landscape
- Experience with UX writing
- Experience with Github and Markdown, familiarity with YAML, CSS, and HTML
- Familiarity with coding syntax (Swift, Objective-C, Java, Kotlin)
- Experience working with tools like Postman, Confluence/JIRA, Trello
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.